Sworn profusely

Moved my gta-sa.set file to the desktop

Any other suggestions anyone? ANYONE?

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. I have the "Later" version (Bought recently, probably not able to run hotcoffee or whatever).

Does this mean I am screwed????

I looked on the WIKI. it said, "If you bought the game recently, you may have v2.0 which features some protection against modification."

so????? does this mean i'm screwed and cannot use MTA???

I will be ever so disappointed.

Tungsai

ok like has been said numberous times before, mta:sa R1 will only work with the "ORIGINAL" release of GTA:SA, it wont work with anything else due to protection against modifications to the game. crashes with mta could be the result of using a version other than the original. also no cd hacks can cause these very same problems, or could not, but either way, mta was not made to work with no cd hacks so if they work or not is none of their concern seeing as they made it originally for a legal copy of the game to start with.

also they have said before, that even after all the betas, all the testing, its most definately not 100% bug free, crashes will happen, though they are rare between the thousands who are using mta, they will happen but thats why they have a bug reporting tool and forums for people to send in reports of crashes so they can work on fixes to them and make mta a more bug free program to play on :).

also if anyone had been reading, they are working on another update to mta to fix a few of the issues already which i believe is wonderful seeing as they just released mta yesterday and are still hard at work. so i will say this once, please do not disrespect these people especally after all the hard work they have put into this project, if it does not work for you, that does not give you no right in any way to go around talking bad about them, in time they may make mta compatible with the newest version of sa, if its possible.

well again i would like to congradulate the mta team on the great success of mta:sa, you guys sure did put forth some amazing effort and it has truely paid off big, thank you so much for the hard work you put into this, it looks amazing :).

ok i downloaded the new exe ... delete my old exe file and it works... no error nothing! i think thats the same effect when some installed an englisch crack for no cd -> now i have the uk .exe and it works fantastic!

Replace your old *.exe file with the new... but backup you old file if it doesnT work

I'm still getting this error, no matter what. Is there a log file somewhere I can haul up?

I just found this in the CEGUI.log:

24/01/2006 11:38:50 (Error) Exception: There is no Property named 'NormalTextColour' available in the set.

4 of them at the very bottom of the log

Those guys that got mad and bitched, well their ingratitude is unbelievable. Please don't group me with them because I couldn't find the information.

And also for the record: I do own a legal copy of the game. Perhaps the mfr. will provide me with an older .exe if I ask for it? (Ha ha, fat chance). But really, like other game companies (such as EA Games), they should support fan-based mods.

Barring that, I will be forced to either get the older EXE from my friend who owns the original, or look for cracks. WHICH I DO NOT WANT TO DO. The optimal choice would be for Rockstar to release the older .exe to valid customers.

Again, I'd like to re-iterate that I appreciate ALL the work that the team has done, and bugs are expected in a 1st release. Anybody who ever played any mods knows that bugs, exploits, and crashes happen. If you blame the developers and berate them in their own forum, then you are the lowest of the low and do not even deserve access to their mod.

Tungsai

Amen to that Tungsai. I've been a programmer, so I know what's helpful and what isn't, so I've provided as much info as possible.

Tungsai, PM me your email and I'll send you an EU version 1 exe. It'll be interesting to see if that same exe works for you. Would mean that it's definitely something else on my PC if it does

Woot! Woot! I'm up and running. Mucho, mucho thanks to JHXP for spending time helping me. Turns out I had an old dll in there that hooked into GTA.

Once I removed it I was home free. So anyone still struggling, check that you only have 4 dlls; eax, ogg, vorbis & vorbisFile

Parse error for me too using the UK DVD version, tried everything, all the .exes i can get my hands on, purged and reinstalled both GTA:SA and MTA over and over, rolled back drivers, nothing :(

WSF and Wax, did you read my post about dlls? I did the same as you guys, but because I had an old dll laying around, and installed to the same location, it stayed and screwed up everything.

I suggest uninstalling, deleting the SA folder, then installing. It's a pain, I know, but it's worth it

No problem, thanks for trying to help, guess I'll have to wait till the team sorts it out. This is what I get in my core.log incase it helps anyone:

** -- Unhandled exception -- **

Mod name = TODO

Time = Thu Jan 26 11:33:39 2006

Code = 0xC0000005

Offset = 0x002D1AA0

Registers

EAX=00000000 EBX=002E6A58 ECX=035FFFB0 EDX=7C90EB94 ESI=FFFFFFFF

EDI=00000000 EBP=035FFFEC ESP=035FFFB8 EIP=002D1AA0 FLG=00010246

CS=001B DS=0023 SS=0023 ES=0023 FS=003B GS=0000

Callstack

001B:002D1AA0 (0x002D1AA0 0x002E6A58 0x00000000 0x00905A4D) game_sa.dll

** -- End of unhandled exception -- **

Ok, I've finally fixed it, I got so pissed off I did the mother of all troubleshooting methods, the format and reinstallation of windows :shock: . After flattening the OS I installed the bare minimum, just drivers and updates, then San Andreas and MTA and it runs perfectly, there had to have been some bit of software messing things up, I'm going to slowly reinstall my usual programs and try MTA after each to see if I can narrow down what was causing it.