Doesn't work, quits at startup

Guest Kitteh

When I start up MTA, it shows the splash screen with "stop playing with yourself" then shows me this window:

mtaerror.jpg

I just installed San Andreas about ten minutes ago (bought it when it first came out), have not patched it to 1.01 or 2.0. San Andreas does not start up either. When I double click the .exe absolutely nothing happens. There's not even a gta_sa.exe process running. I have a no-cd crack, but when I had this game installed long before my reformat, it worked just fine with said crack. Then after I installed too many mods it stopped working (refused to start up)

Help would be very very appreciated.

EDIT: Okay, San Andreas works now (I deleted gta_sa.set in my GTA San Andreas user files) but now MTA is giving me a different error message on startup:

mtaerror2.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting this too on a 1.00 UK version. Tried holding Ctrl, got the dialog and selected the folder, but nothing changed.

It also happens when selecting Map Editor. I get the GTA image and music, and just as the music ends it clips the music and crashes to desktop with the error reporter

I'm having a similar problem, As soon as i run MTASA i get the 'dont play with yourself' screen then the windows error box "gta_sa.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." any suggestions? im on UK 1.00 and have played VC multiplayer so this should work.

I had the same problem with the error after connecting to an server.

But then I tried the Hoodlum No-CD Crack an now it works fine for me.

I hope this works for you too but I cant promise it...^^

wish you the best :D

MrCeek

Im not exactly sure which EXE's will work and which will not. I know the origional v1.0 US and EU exe's should work. If you are using a no-cd crack then you might run into problems.. it depends on how the exe has been altered.

I would suggest finding someone with an origional v1.0 exe from the EU or US and seeing which works.

@ oli:

I know the NO-CD crack could cause troubles, but it was the only solution.

And I have the original EU-DVD, anyway it didnt work

and a Question: I dont know if it is illegal to post a link to the Crack or not?

Because a NoCD Crack isnt illegal with an original Version!

Can a MTA-Staff plz answer?^^

MrCeek

hm, i'm not 100% sure, but I imagine that the version is 1.0

I'll test the game with an original 1.0 exe tomorrow and then i'll post again

But perhaps the solution is more simple than I expected and it works with another EU 1.0 exe.

Finally, I wont post the link to the Crack here - sry guys.

The only hint I can give you is, that the Crack is called Hoodlum Crack.

MrCeek

I downloaded that, and it says this. "This application has failed to start because vorbisfile.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem". I re-installed it, and nothing happened.