If you time out constantly when trying to connect...

orappa

My experience is that:

If i use quickconnect i CAN connect, but when the server is full it will give a timeout message. (not a server full message) It doesnt show any other connection error other then timeout.

I'm playing on LittleWhitey's server pretty much all the time so i cant really speak for all situations

• 1 month later...

HELP!!!

im always timed out....this sucks. does anybody know what to do FFS!?

PS: i tried all the things you guys said before!

• 4 weeks later...

hi i have mtasa and i cant connect to any server all i get is unscanned and i cant connect to them!!

BUT!! when i unplug the router and go through the moden directly it works!, i can see all the servers!"!!!.

i have forwarded ports 22003 udp and 22126 udp on my router but it still wont work!!!

there must be a solution to this!! is it maybe some other ports that need to be forwarded?????

i cant keep unpluging the router as other people use internet in the house!

HELP!!!

regards simon[/img]

• 1 month later...
HELP!!!

im always timed out....this sucks. does anybody know what to do FFS!?

PS: i tried all the things you guys said before!

if you have modds installed for offline play i suggest u to uninstall them and run GTA SA fresh and MTA Fresh and thats what fixed my old problem and also make sure you change your nickname to something that isnt taken
  • 2 months later...

bah, nm. im totally jacked again. while this topic needs to remain stickied, it needs to have this "solution" deleted. no one who posted in this thread is simple enough to have this "solution" as the source of their problem.

no one.

Change your nickname. It occurs when you try to connect to a server that contains a player with the same nick as you. It's likely that you didn't change it from the default "Player". This is a bug that will be fixed in the next release.
  • 3 months later...

I time out always when im trying to connect any other server than littlewhiteys. It's really weird, because littlewhiteys server is the only server I can connect. Other servers will only time out... I have tried almost every server and I have no idea what is the problem.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am a new user here and I have the same issue. ANYTHING I try to connect to will time out and the server names are not apearing. After 1hr 30 min of trying to get the damn thing working I fuigured out that if I go into the map editor when I load MTA then go into the server list then everything will work perfectly. Obviously this issue is not happening for everyone or there would be more info on theese forums but I did have the same issue with my other computer (didnt have the issue when playing lan game) and was a real pain. I hope this helps the dev's and ppl using MTA.

also both my computers are clean installs so it is very unlikely that this is a software conflict

A default name was included again? After all the trouble with it in 0.5? Oh dear :/

people should have the common sense to change it anyways

maybe have an option when installing to set a player name, and make the Next/Ok box be unselectable until they type a name?

Admin please update this post. When I connect to a server that has the same nick as me, then I get an error saying that my nick is in use. I described in my previous post what i did to fix my issue with the conction time outs.