If you time out constantly when trying to connect...

orappa

Change your nickname. It occurs when you try to connect to a server that contains a player with the same nick as you. It's likely that you didn't change it from the default "Player". This is a bug that will be fixed in the next release.

Edited by Guest

Hey there.

As you can imagine i'm quite pissed that MTA:SA doesn't work the way it should on my mashine. OK here comes the prob.

i receive 180 server but they can't be scanned and my connections are always timed out.

Some facts:

I got Version 1.0

I got my firewall disabled.

I got the gameport forwarded from my router.

I got the ASE ports forwarded from my router.

I got my name changed when i first started MTA.

I got no idea what's the problem.

Thanks for your help.

@ Capone

Only software firewalls can allow .exe files to make a connection

My problem:

My problem is simulair to that of neuminator.

Got V1.0. reinstalled GTA SA and then MTA again

If I shut down my firewall on my router I get no serverlist at all :roll:

All servers show as unscanned and no player numbers.

port 22003 forwarded and ASE

Also used a douzen of names

Any clue ??

I have the same problem. All servers unscanned and timeout when trying to connect. I have disabled firewall, antivirus, closed all applications, disconnected the other computers from the lan but nothing....

Why are we so unlucky? :roll:

Same problem here:

Router forwarding

GTASA v1.0

No mods whatsoever (Clean install before mtasa install)

It can ping the servers (sometimes)

It can scan some servers (sometimes)

Most of the times the list stay empty only unscanned unpinged servers.

When i try to connect to servers a couple of times it crashes.

When i connect. It will goto timeout in 3 seconds.

I even got this problem sometimes when i run a server locally.

Oh and by the way: Connecting directly to a LAN server doesnt give me a problem.

For some reason i was able to connect to a server this morning and this afternoon, but this was just luck i guess. Everything seems to be ok once in the game.

And a request. Please get rid of the system that requires you to forward ports on a router. This way i cant play with other ppl at my house on a server. Its lame and no other game has that. Connection handling should all go through server sockets. If you need help in creating such a tunneling system please say so.

Specs:

Intel Centrino 2,0Ghz

1024 mb ddr2 ram

Ati Radion x700 256mb

Router:

SMC7004VWBR

I changed my name a few times, with no change in result.

Whenever I try to connect to a server (doesn't matter the ping.. anywhere from 20 to 100), with anywhere from 0 to 16 players currently playing (out of 16 slots)... I will pick a server and try to connect. 80% of the time I get a CONNECTION TIMEOUT error.

Occasionally I will get a "SERVER IS FULL" error, probably 15% of the time.. The problem is I get this even if servers have 0/16 players, 12/16 players.. it doesn't matter.

I have tried connecting DIRECTLY to a server IP that I know works. (The partyserver 1 server).

I can try to connect directly, andI get more server is full messages, but still a lot of connection timeouts. Again, the server isn't full. (a friend of mine could join flawlessly and would tell me when people left. at one point 12/16 players were in the server and I still couldn't get in)

I have managed to play the game a few times though.. I've had a few weird crashes, but when it works it works. It's random luck that I have been able to connect a few times.

I have no firewall software running (not even Windows XPs' built-in firewall). I have hardly anything else running in the background, and I have forwarded ports on my router (just for dumb luck maybe.. but nothing).

I can refresh servers and they all ping/show up fine. I have uninstalled both SA and MTA, and reinstalled without any positive effect.

PS: my original account for this forum is MasterEvilAce. I couldn't login (forgot password), and retrieving of password did NOT work. I keep getting an Invalid Session error... might be something to look into.

Doesnt work for me m8

EDIT:

It does seem to have some effect though:

It decreases the number of tries(timeouts) before you can join the server.

I still think its some kind of initialisation that is done when you connect the first time. It might take to long. Not sure though.

I figured out a work-around

go here to list the servers.

then use quick connect. do not open the server browser or it does not work.

Thanks a lot mate! I had (still have) the exact same problem as Aidamina (including the occasional crash when trying to connect thorough the ingame browser), except the Quick Connect work-around works for me. Now I can finally play this great game :)

Doesn't work for me. I still get timed out errors, and not only that, but after I get the error the mouse goes REALLY jerky making it painful to click on buttons (it updates the mouse position like, once a second).

Wierdness. I don't have any NAT problems as far as I know, are there any ports I have to open?

EDIT: Ok I just tried running the server and connecting to 127.0.0.1 and even THAT failed =/

Ok heres the deal:

Some people advice portforwarding, i certainly dont. MTASA connects to the server not the other way arround. So no portforwarding needed unless you want to host a server with all seeing eye.

For the timeout thing. It seems to be somewhat random. What helps for me:

Start up the editor before connecting (preinitialise the engine)

Connect through quick connect menu or click on a server in the list and click connect ( DO NOT DOUBLECLICK IT )

if it doesnt connect the first time, because of a timeout. Try it up to 5 times again with 10 seconds pause between each try. If it doesnt work restart mtasa an try again. Doing this gives me the highest successrate.

Asfor not connecting to localhost. This is normal. If you check the banlist of the server you see 127.0.0.1 there standard. I dont know why they put it there but it might be to prevent bugs. I connect to my lan ip. for me its 192.168.2.101 (this might be different for you) If it still doesnt connect when you connect to lan setup a loopback device. (google for a tutorials)

Hope this helped,

Aidamina

• 1 month later...

I found something interesting.. At around 4pm Eastern Standard Time, I get very frequent time-outs. It takes FOREVER to join a server. However, early in the morning, or late at night, it's perfectly fine. I can connect everytime.

It seems like the master server, or something is overloading. Since 4pm is around the time kids start getting home from school, for example..

This is the second or third time i've tried to connect at 4pm, and timeouts galore.