MTA:SA Released

Blokker_1999

• MTA Team

Almost 8 months ago we started working on a multiplayer modification for a brand new game, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, called Multi Theft Auto (MTA). This release is the first MTA we've ever released based on our new revolutionary "Blue" technology and features the gamemode "Race".

The process of developing this release has been a lot of hard work and quite a few long nights, especially when most of our team members are busy with their real lives, but now we're glad to announce that we're finally ready to show you our work. We've been looking forward to this for a very long time and we're certainly very happy with how it looks. We hope you like it too! Smile

This release also features a very easy to use map editor allowing anyone to create a map containing spawnpoints, checkpoints, objects and "pickups". The maps created can be added to an MTA server and played online with your friends at any time.

Download it here

We'd like to thank our wonderful development team for lots of hard work and the Quality Assurance (QA) team for testing our release extensively and report any bugs they find back to us. We've been doing our best to solve these issues and since the first private beta was given to the QA team 29th August we've fixed a large amount of issues with severities ranging from small tweaks and text fixes to major.

If you encounter problems, check our wiki and our forums. There are also some pointers on planet GTA.

Edited by Guest
I'm gonna wait for some videos to be posted before I decide whether or not to install this. Still, nice to see it finally released - lol. Good work

Why wait for days or weeks and then spend time downloading a large video file when you could spend a few seconds downloading the mod and be trying it for yourself? I really don't see the logic.

I'm gonna wait for some videos to be posted before I decide whether or not to install this. Still, nice to see it finally released - lol. Good work

Why wait for days or weeks and then spend time downloading a large video file when you could spend a few seconds downloading the mod and be trying it for yourself? I really don't see the logic.

Yeah, it doesn't overwrite any files.

Man we been at this since August... qa team certainly did play a big role of getting this release. Special thanks to ziron&jon for sorting models, jon&talidan for manuals and aeron for working on his mtama. Also everyone that took a couple hours to vote on 100-some maps so I could get a race map package together... anything else big i forgot? Well they certainly deserve credit of being noted good job.

Edited by Guest

I won't bother if it's a large file. Generally, it doesn't me take too long to download a file either. But why waste my time downloading, installing, and playing when I could spend 1 minute downloading a video and watching it?

And I know there's videos already, but I'd like to see some with smooth gameplay :P lol, jk, I just wana see a full race.

I won't bother if it's a large file. Generally, it doesn't me take too long to download a file either. But why waste my time downloading, installing, and playing when I could spend 1 minute downloading a video and watching it?

And I know there's videos already, but I'd like to see some with smooth gameplay :P lol, jk, I just wana see a full race.

The client is actually smaller than any of the videos you downloaded (4 MB), but that's fine, go ahead and do whatever you want. ;)

i've just played MTASA, and i'm actually impressed. ok it may not be a revolution or a world leading multiplayer mod, but it's certainly an improvement in compare to MTA 0.5( ok racing isn't new, but it is sort of new in the multiplayer mod scene).

the GUI is also a very good addition and very easy to use.

i expected the map editor to be a good addition and that's really the case. very easy to use and a wide variety of objects( lol i even noticed that there were weapons. ok i've quickly browsed through the list so i may be wrong though)

after watching those videos, i thougth that the sync would be pretty bad. well i've just played on littlewhitey's server which was located in the netherlands( that's where i actually live) and it doesn't seem that bad at all. ok it's not 100% smooth, but it's certainly better than i expected. sometimes other players's vehicles move a little odd( in all directions) though.

so the overall score is 7.5 out of 10, good job

:idea:

Its not bad, but I wont call it an Revolution :wink:

with vehicles and players moving almost as smoothly as you'd expect in single player
That's far from the reality ;).

The gameplay is good and u did a great job with the Map Editor :P (people wont got bored after playing it a few hours ;))

Got a question: Is this the best quality the bluecore can give? (smoothness etc.) or could u tweak the core more to perfection? :P

Playing it last night for a few hours. Rather good to say the least!

Vehicles are very well synched IMO, and there only seems to be few actual problems. Gonna have another go on the map editor to see how that goes 8)

Can't wait for the deathmatch mode too! :D

Its not bad, but I wont call it an Revolution :wink:
with vehicles and players moving almost as smoothly as you'd expect in single player
That's far from the reality ;).

yes i agree with you. and the statement mrbump made last year was way overdue( that MTA would become as popular as Half-Life, last year there were a couple of thousand ppl playing half life online at a certain time).

currently there are approximately 500(that's a large amount though!) ppl playing, which was also the case in the good old days of MTA 0.3r2. the amount may raise though(for example, later today, or when R2 is released). there are quite a few populated servers, and i think littlewhitey's server is the most popular one :P

It's great :D

Apart from a few small glitches from time to time (checkpoints not registring and chat...), it seems pretty bugless :shock:

The only time the game crashed was when it quit to desktop from the main menu :P

The map editor is sweet, the interface is easy, and the possibilities almost endless...

The only real problem i can see is the voting system (i think the "letting the winner finish" idea was pushed a bit far, like 12/2 = fail is a bit over the top i think), although frankly...with the fun i'm having i couldn't give a f*ck about that sort of small inconvenience :D

THANK YOU MTA and GREAT WORK