[Question] Getting client camera matrix

spenkbang

51 minutes ago, spenkbang said:

Can anyone tell me how this works?  I'm trying to call from the server:

getCameraMatrix( getElementsByType("player")[1] )

But it returns false.  Works fine from the client. From the docs I see the camera is updated at 500ms by default.. just not sure how to access it 

Probably not getting the player.
53 minutes ago, spenkbang said:

inspect() shows that the player is ok. It looks like getCameraMatrix() only works after you use setCameraMatrix, so it seems not useful for getting a synced camera.   Maybe there's just no way to access the synced camera data from the server?

Note: The server-side version of this function returns the last camera matrix that was set by the server, and thus does not necessarily indicate the current matrix of the camera (since it may have been changed client-side).

4 hours ago, Peti said:

Why do you need such thing? Maybe there are other ways. 

I want to create objects at points which are not likely to be seen by players in the server.   

1 hour ago, Feche1320 said:

Call client function getCameraMatrix and return it to server

This seems to be the best option for now.  Though I'd rather use less bandwidth, not ask the client for variables which the server (seemingly) already has access to

18 hours ago, spenkbang said:

Can anyone tell me how this works?  I'm trying to call from the server:

getCameraMatrix( getElementsByType("player")[1] )

But it returns false.  Works fine from the client. From the docs I see the camera is updated at 500ms by default.. just not sure how to access it

getCameraMatrix

Shared function

This function gets the position of the camera and the position of the point it is facing.

Note: The server-side version of this function returns the last camera matrix that was set by the server, and thus does not necessarily indicate the current matrix of the camera (since it may have been changed client-side).

14 hours ago, spenkbang said:

I want to create objects at points which are not likely to be seen by players in the server.   

This seems to be the best option for now.  Though I'd rather use less bandwidth, not ask the client for variables which the server (seemingly) already has access to

If you don't need very accurate positions, math.floor the coordinates.

Anyways, assuming MTA 'fixes' this issue, you are going to be using the same amount of bandwidth vs calling the client fix, since the server will ask the client the camera matrix constantly to have it updated on server-side