MTA:SA Race needs this.

Si|ent

People have been encouraged by the fact that an endless race can be created (something Team members have stated more than once), be it by making no finish line, or placing the finish line somewhere inaccessable, allowing a free roam mode where players can simply revel in the freedom of driving around wherever they wish, exploring and experimenting. However, there is no respawn.

There is of course the option of setting no damage for vehicles, or extremely high hit points for them. But that itself reduces a larger part of the fun. Seeing the cars panels get more and more battered, trying to limit damage by landing outrageous stunts well etc.

These two things do not go together, the lack of respawn means even with no damage the player that rolls his vehicle, or fails to roll over a repair pickup in time, or drives into the water can no longer play, he is stuck in spectator. Even reconnecting wont help as the race will already be 'in progress', meaning he cannot restart. This also means new players joining will not be able to participate.

The only way to respawn is to restart the map/race entirely, placing all players back at the initial spawn point and severely limiting the freedom promised.

This is a poor decision. Yes many maps will not require a respawn, but many will.

I strongly suggest respawn be included as an option and feel it is a mistake not to do so.

Well they say they're "feature locked" now, adding that would delay it even more, although i agree it might be alot better with it - especially for things like dog fights.

I dunno if they plan on working on the race side for r1.x releases or something, adding new things, but if they aren't i suppose we'll have a respawn in a Deathmatch one later.

People are getting fed up the objective is to release whats been made, feature locked, and then we'll go on testing and suggesting new stuff while you enjoy whats been accomplished already. That sounds like a big thing to implement, it would take to much time for release 1.

Right now its just finishing touches and final checks mostly... it'll be out soon I think. Its a good idea though.

People are getting fed up the objective is to release whats been made, feature locked, and then we'll go on testing and suggesting new stuff while you enjoy whats been accomplished already. That sounds like a big thing to implement, it would take to much time for release 1.

+1

it'll be out soon I think

We hope you're right :D

The point of this mod is to play short user-created game modes, not specfically something as complex as freeroam, which is just something extra that's possible to make. I suppose that lack of respawn wouldn't be the only issue with it, either.

There will probably be r1.x releases containing a few new features and some minor bugs we didn't have time to fix during the beta testing stage. We could certainly look into this...

Note that there is a voting system in place, and if the majority of the server is dead, someone can always initiate a vote to start the map over.

Just quit and come back in. It's as simple as that.

No it isn't. Once a 'race' is in progress any joining players have to wait until the next one begins before they can participate.

We could certainly look into this

I didn't realise you were doing some of the coding now.

Anyway as I said elsewhere, there is no point adding this for the first release at this late stage. It was obviously a mistake, an oversight that didn't occur to anybody, and one that can be rectified in one of the many promised small releases/patches that have been promised to follow the initial release. I just hope it is hovvering near the top of 'Blokkers list'.

Just quit and come back in. It's as simple as that.

No it isn't. Once a 'race' is in progress any joining players have to wait until the next one begins before they can participate.

Anyway as I said elsewhere, there is no point adding this for the first release at this late stage. It was obviously a mistake, an oversight that didn't occur to anybody, and one that can be rectified in one of the many promised small releases/patches that have been promised to follow the initial release. I just hope it is hovvering near the top of 'Blokkers list'.

Well my Semi-Retired friend, I think that you've got a point there.

Edited by Guest

I'm not. I'm part of the QA team and we work together with the developers to make suggestions and solve issues.

Like I said, you can always intiate a vote to start the map over. I doubt you'd be stuck in spectator mode for very long if you ever happened to die, unless the server is huge and the majority of people are still alive.

but it was deliberately left out for the first release.

Well that was the mistake, in my and some others opinions. I'm sure it can be rectified relatively easily in the future though. And it isn't exactly earth shattering anyway.

I've registered just to post my view on this matter:

Please at least allow this as a server-side option. I was under the impression that the whole purpose of Blue was for it to be highly customizable. Many players would appreciate this I think. You should see how many players immediately leave the game after dying, simply because they don't want to have to wait for long periods of time.

Hence, please add a server-side respawn life-count, where the admin can specifiy how many respawns are allowed per-player (respawncounts ranging from 0 to infinite). That way, if someone wrecks their own vehicle by accident during the beginning of the race, they can at least have more lives, and get back straight back into the race.

It would also be useful if you could add a customizable death penalty. So that, for example, if a player dies, there is a server-side option to either set the player an X number of checkpoints back in the race, or even start from the beginning again.

This, I believe, would make MTA exceptionally more fun, as waiting times would be heftily reduced for players. Without sounding too dictatorial, arguments against the implementation of respawns aren't going to be very convincing, simply because this has been suggested as a server-side option. Respawns would hence not be forced upon players, but would be selectable by the admin.

Hence, another feature that would be useful to players, is if there was some sort of icon next to the browse server list, that indicated whether or not a server has respawn turned on or off.

Please consider these suggestions, MTA dev team, as I think it really would make the game more fun. Thank you for reading,

- Athelstone

Please at least allow this as a server-side option. I was under the impression that the whole purpose of Blue was for it to be highly customizable. Many players would appreciate this I think. You should see how many players immediately leave the game after dying, simply because they don't want to have to wait for long periods of time.

Hence, please add a server-side respawn life-count, where the admin can specifiy how many respawns are allowed per-player (respawncounts ranging from 0 to infinite). That way, if someone wrecks their own vehicle by accident during the beginning of the race, they can at least have more lives, and get back straight back into the race.

I agree that it should be put in, but it could mean that servers without the option available (i.e. serious racing servers) would not get any players, while the ones with barly any respawn delay/penalty would be filled, just because its easier. Plus maps that don't play well with respawn would not be played much.

Well, i suppose the hardcores would go to the no respawn servers

First post :P in a while

I would love that, but they have already made a great job, i've never played SA like im doing now, i really enjoy playing, the MTA SA crew has made a great job and i'll be patient and wait for their next release, they could have made us wait for longer, and i'm getting all this for free.