The Voice Chat?

All valve games has this function, and that's why there games are in the best list of PC Games (Not just because of the voice talk but because the game is good also).

So you're saying that people would stop playing Valve games if they didn't have voice chat? They would just use Teamspeak instead.

Maybe voice chat will be added for a later release.

All valve games has this function, and that's why there games are in the best list of PC Games (Not just because of the voice talk but because the game is good also).

So you're saying that people would stop playing Valve games if they didn't have voice chat? They would just use Teamspeak instead.

Maybe voice chat will be added for a later release.

Agreed.. I think it isnt necessary to hear other people whole time long chatting with voice.. Just voice-chatting on teamspeak with friends would be much more better than ingame voice-chat.. Although there will be a 'mute' or 'Yes/no' enabling voice-chat.. Or something like that..

Voice chat will be added. If you don't want to hear other people you will have that option under your settings.

-Derek

Would it be possible to disable in the server config? If they don't want too much bandwidth used for example.

We don't need it.... it sounds crappier than teamspeak and eats up more bandwith than ever.... so they just left it out. I wouldn't recommend it either because noobs are gonna fuggin scream and whatnot when they loose o_O.

Haha lolol

So you're saying that people would stop playing Valve games if they didn't have voice chat?

I never said that :?

Not just because of the voice talk but because the game is good also.

I didn't mean it as that their voice chat makes the game good I meant it as it's an part of making the game good, and I clearly stated that abow.

Voice chat will be added. If you don't want to hear other people you will have that option under your settings.

-Derek

Would it be possible to disable in the server config? If they don't want too much bandwidth used for example.

Would be cool too..

• 7 months later...

Ultimately does it matter whether they include it or not?? If they do then fine and dandy, according to the spec given you can choose to use it or disable it and there are enough controls given to enable you to mute or unmute on a varying and selective basis.

And if they don't...use Team Speak that offers exactly the same facilities! It's not like you have to fork out for it.

How well voice chat works depends on the discipline of the players in the game. In my clan matches where nobody has the aforementioned "gay voice" or is aged 16 or younger it works very well, particularly during Protect/Attack the bank type missions as it's so much easier to call out for assistance and so on.

PS. Still on MTAVC while awaiting the release of the deathmatch edition of MTASA. We aren't much interested in racing each other. ;-)

Edit: Missed the date on this before I posted, sorry for bumping it

Edited by Guest
Ultimately does it matter whether they include it or not?? If they do then fine and dandy, according to the spec given you can choose to use it or disable it and there are enough controls given to enable you to mute or unmute on a varying and selective basis.

And if they don't...use Team Speak that offers exactly the same facilities! It's not like you have to fork out for it.

How well voice chat works depends on the discipline of the players in the game. In my clan matches where nobody has the aforementioned "gay voice" or is aged 16 or younger it works very well, particularly during Protect/Attack the bank type missions as it's so much easier to call out for assistance and so on.

PS. Still on MTAVC while awaiting the release of the deathmatch edition of MTASA. We aren't much interested in racing each other. ;-)

Don't BUMP, the last post was Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:56 pm.