[News] Updates

Blokker_1999

• MTA Team

As most have noticed, we have a new site style.

This is the second stage of the site redesign. The first one was done on new year. This design is based upon the user interface from MTA:SA and can also be found on our blog

For those who do not follow our blog, we have started with semi-public testing and a release is coming close. We ask you to not use scripts to refresh our website every seconds, but use the rss feed and a reader that refreshes every 30 minutes or something.

Below you can see 4 screenshots from our last tests.

http://files.mtasa.com/media/1.0/Images/rc3-03.jpg

http://files.mtasa.com/media/1.0/Images/rc3-04.jpg

http://files.mtasa.com/media/1.0/Images/rc3-01.jpg

http://files.mtasa.com/media/1.0/Images/rc3-02.jpg

New site colourscheme looks great, if you skin the forum to match please please keep the option to retain this old skin, it wouldn't feel the same for some of us without it! :P (What happened to the banners from the competition by the way, I don't think the one at mtavc.com is one of them is it?)

I'm not sure that demo derby image was a wise choice, specifically the initial text. Doesn't project a particularly good image for MTA.

I just hope it doesnt keep the news item off some websites.

I notice in rc3-03.jpg that you can change your Playername 'live'. Nice.

I also notice that the player in the Hunter has the same colour radar marker as a race marker, couldn't this lead to idiots parking somewhere and posing as a checkpoint, sending others offcourse? It also looks like the scoreboard is a little bugged in rc3-01.jpg, showing the exact same finishing time for everyone.

p.s wth is an rss feed? :)

I also notice that the player in the Hunter has the same colour radar marker as a race marker, couldn't this lead to idiots parking somewhere and posing as a checkpoint, sending others offcourse?

What player in the Hunter? All players have the same radar icon, and checkpoint radar colours depend on the colour of the checkpoint, set by the person who created the map. ChrML tried to set the player icons to an obscure turquoise colour that people would be unlikely to choose as a checkpoint colour.

It also looks like the scoreboard is a little bugged in rc3-01.jpg, showing the exact same finishing time for everyone.

No, it's because the race hasn't finished yet. The clock keeps ticking by their name until a player finishes.

p.s wth is an rss feed? :)

It's a very low bandwidth XML page that lists the headlines from the site. An RSS reader can be set to update this page every so often, notifying you when new headlines appear.

I have no idea who the player in the hunter is, how would I?

By your reply I guess what I thought were race marker radar blips are players, and that particular race's checkpoints aren't represented on the radar. So that clears that up.

Re the timer, it's good to hear thats not a bug, the fact people had ranks rather than positions lead me to believe that race had finished :)

Thanks for the rss explanation.

By your reply I guess what I thought were race marker radar blips are players, and that particular race's checkpoints aren't represented on the radar. So that clears that up.

The race checkpoint is the dark blue marker, in that particular race.

JonChappel: The hunter can be seen alongside the health/armour indicators.

Mike: Really? It doesn't seem to tie in with the location of the marker visible over the horizon, it looks both further away and more to the east. Perhaps an illusion created by the nitro effect.

its not that bad, the main problem w/ 'semi-synced' occurs more with trying to do things like hydra deathmatches, where people are trying to use heat syncing missles and the fact that hydras move so damn quickly.

We do plan on fully syncing these soon, but not for the first release.

Kent

• myonlake changed the title to [News] Updates
  • myonlake locked this topic