question about blue...

Guest magiclive

im really interested in gta:vc. i just want to know exactly what blue is. i played mta before and i thought it was a great idea except the game would lag alot. i heard that blue was going to fix these problems, but i just dont know what it actually is. and when will it be available to play with in mta?

im really interested in gta:vc. i just want to know exactly what blue is. i played mta before and i thought it was a great idea except the game would lag alot. i heard that blue was going to fix these problems, but i just dont know what it actually is. and when will it be available to play with in mta?

MTA Blue for VC isn't being developed now. Its all about SA now, they'll go back to VC someday.

Blue is the new core (the part that interfaces with the game). A lot of the problems with MTA 0.5 are due to the old core which is in need of replacement.

For more details about Blue, see http://www.mtablue.info (note that this is Vice City-centric but Blue will be released for SA first). The first MTA:SA release will be a race mod, with foot sync coming later. For more details, see http://www.mtasa.com/videos/ and http://www.mtavc.com/blog/

jon basically gave the correct description..

essentially blue is a platform... the majority of the code is version and game nonspecific.. all of the gta interfacing code is seperated into 1 file so that we can update such things as needed.

The other parts are seperated into individual parts, for networking, drawing, and game mode logic.

What this does is provide an extendable and manageable base for creating multiplayer addons for GTA like games :P, and also providing the ability to create an SDK so that others can use this platform to create multiplayer gamemodes for whichever version of GTA we support.

At the planned time we are only supporting San Andreas, but a lot of the code can be ported to other GTA games with a considerable ammount of work still needing to be spent on game level interfacing.

I hope that is clear.

Kent

i understand. thanks guys. how long do you think it will take to make blue for vc? i know they are doing it for sa right now. and will you be able to swim with this new mod.

i understand. thanks guys. how long do you think it will take to make blue for vc? i know they are doing it for sa right now. and will you be able to swim with this new mod.

No, the first release will be a race mod with deathmatch coming later. Swimming will probably be synced at the same time as the foot code.

Ok, I got a question. Who came up with the codename "Blue" and why a color name?

I remember that it was originally called "Core 0.4" which confused everyone because MTA:VC 0.3 was out at the time, and they got it mixed up with MTA 0.4, the next version that combined GTA3 and VC but still used the old core. That's why they changed it to Blue.

I remember that it was originally called "Core 0.4" which confused everyone because MTA:VC 0.3 was out at the time, and they got it mixed up with MTA 0.4, the next version that combined GTA3 and VC but still used the old core. That's why they changed it to Blue.

Actually jon it wasn't changed. It was referred to as core 0.4 in public but Blue was always the internal 'secret' code name that we used long before the public knew of it. From day one when Slush came up with the whole concept of the new core and the name, as I said above :)

Ok, I got another question (last time!). I looked at the latest videos for mta sa and in the golf video, I saw a custom model (change car sign). Anyway, my question is... Does mta bule support custom models and does that mean (in the future) you could mod cj's model to look like your-self (or somebody else, i.e this or this) while playing online?