My First post and also my first problem.

Hi All, this is my first post.Ive been reading this forum for a while now and ive not really had a problem much with MTA, whether im in GTA3 or VC, but now i have this odd problem.I start my MTA and when i choose CREATE, to create a little server online, it just goes off.It never used to do this, i used to create a server and have about 8 people in it.I notice that if i do CTRL-ALT-DEL, the MTA Server is running in the background.Can someone please advise me how to fix this? I know a couple of members are starting to have this problem.I know it aint my pc, coz its a fresh install of windows xp and there aint much in my pc.Many thx and keep up the really good work that everyone on this forum is doing.

I was taking some screenshots of GTA3:MTA for the Wiki the other day and set up a server on my machine to do so. I noticed exactly the same problem. I'm not sure what causes it. You can, however, just run the server manually although you will need to edit the mtaserver.conf file in order to do so (search for this in Windows). It's pretty straightforward - you just open it in Notepad and read the comments which will tell you what each setting does. Then you just save the file and fire up MTAServer.exe.

Thanks jon. I loved the old way of making an easy server, this seems more complicated.If you can make a readme on it or maybe we could try and figure out what causes this to happen in the first place.I know 6 people now that that has happened to.Maybe its a new bug or something.Thanks for your reply.