S.A.R.L - San Andreas Racing league - Entrants, discussions

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Provisionally this saturday evening, I've found it impossible mid-week this week due to work commitments. Until someone else can step in and assist with running additional meets it's looking as if they will mainly be at weekends (unless late morning/early afternoon (GMT) meets appeal to contestants, I'd imagine many wouldn't be able to make those times though, let me know)

Duo's I'd like to run your meet immidiately after the solo meet as it wasn't possible tohold it during the past week, both duo's and soloists watch your email for specific details.

EDIT: g4mer I will test your map later this evening.

EDIT2: Just tested it and I can see you must have put a lot of time into placing all those scenery elements together, they fit well and seem to blend nicely both physically and ergonomically (the first half anyway, later on a lot of gaps and visible 'blue space' can be seen and the scenery is a real mismash of styles). The problem is the route itself is pretty easy. You also use far too many health pickups, many in illogical positions, 10 meters from the start for example.

In the second half theres many areas where you can get behind a one sided texture and are then unable to pass through the then invisible wall. (there is also an invisible wall near the first checkpoint, not sure how that one got there) and there are at least two locations where a missed checkpoint (due to bad luck rather than misjudgement) means its virtually impossible to backtrack and pass through it.

Overall a great first half with a couple of small issues but a rushed feeling to the second half.

actually kudos for the health right after the start, it's one of the most common places where pleople die while they didn't deserve to :P

I guess you are right, that is usually down to poor spawn layout when designing the release maps though. Something a newly designed one should avoid! :)

I sent out an email yesterday mornign with details of tonights meet, so far the people I've asked didn't recieve it! It hasnt been returned so it is most odd.

For those that havn't recieved it, lets hope this isn't too short notice for you all but peeps should gather in irc around 8.30pm GMT, server details will be given out there. The duo meet will be held immidiately after the solos and will require players to join/leave the server in turn, along with one spectator (they will /kill at start) who may fraps the action.

OK thats perfectly understandable. I've sent an email to jolt email admin (using an alternate email account I hasten to add!) to see what the problem could be. Doesn't fix the problem of tonight tho. We have so few DUO's it seems silly to go ahead without you guys. Would some time tomorrow afternoon be agreeable to you? A DUO only meet. (Looks like we have enough for a solo meet of some kind tonight.)

I sent out an email regarding every entrant submitting or suggesting a new map, did you get that one? i used an alternate e-mail to try and avoid the previous issues.

Things are difficult at the moment as I cannot access this forum from home, either my ip or my isp is blocked, or there's a problem at the isp (this is the ONLY set of sites so far that I've been unable to reach though)

I can pop in when at work (as I am right now) but only now and then. I'm on the irc when not at work however so can be found there.

It's been on a bit of a hiatus for the last week or two, mainly we need fresh maps, the ones we have are cool but get dull when played over and over each meet, the mail I sent requesting people to submit or recommend one resulted in nobody, yes, nobody submitting one.

I've been extremely busy lately in RL and simply havn't had time to devote to map searching or anything else non-essential (relatively speaking). Even this weekend I have little time. Things should calm down soon and I will have more time to spend on online matters.

Meanwhile people are welcome to assist in organising and running meets if they wish, get in touch via irc - or at the moment a less 'live' medium such as this forum or email might be better - And we will get something moving.

There's news regarding the website, driver2 has been creating some nice scripts. I'll let him post details rather than steal his thunder.

I created a website for SARL as well as some PHP scripts. Its not finished yet.

The results can be added by an admin and they are displayed in various forms automatically. You can select the mode (Single Racer oder Team (2 Player)) and also the different meetings and the different races. Stats of every player can be implemented later. Note that the results are not added completely yet.

http://s-hohmann.de/sarl2