S.A.R.L - San Andreas Racing league - Entrants, discussions

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, don't be disheartened, three of sparkies wins were by default (all other competitors died) rather than him leading them till the end. At least one other I had him until someone decided to drive the wrong way along the racing line and take me out!

So although he is clearly and deservedly in the lead he isn't dominating in quite the way it appears :)

don't feel like i allready won,cus it could be i score 0 points next race meeting.

if u never try,you will never know

and si|ent,tbh.. i only thought i won 1 by default,and was in the lead anyway.. at that rocky road map.

but i suppose im wrong since you have the screenies :)

oh well,cant recall everything,i was allready awake for 37 hours o.O

Heh, I wish I would have made it to there, seems like you had alot of fun.

But hey, One question, Can we arrange a new one this coming friday?

I would love to get some racing done before my vacation starts.

Next time I would be able to play is next thursday... :cry:

Well, anyways congrats to all winners. :P

Friday isn't good for me, perhaps if someone else can organise it for that day?

We just tested some maps that were submitted for SARL, a couple made it the rest need a few fixes. More information here: http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?p=218931#218931

You should see some of them this weekend - we hope to have meet 2 either on Saturday or Sunday. If you let us know what day and rough time suits you all then we can try and accomodate as many of you as possible.

Yes, don't be disheartened, three of sparkies wins were by default (all other competitors died) rather than him leading them till the end. At least one other I had him until someone decided to drive the wrong way along the racing line and take me out!

So although he is clearly and deservedly in the lead he isn't dominating in quite the way it appears :)

Also, i played against both Sp4rk and UFFE, and i know UFFE to be the better racer :P

Next time i'm there!

driver2: We are still in need of a website so your offer is most welcome. If you would like to contact xgj, our graphic designer, on these forums or on IRC and discuss it with him that would be great.

Meet two just took place and was exhilerating fun, quite a bit of nasty tactics seemed to take place once more resulting in some flaring tempers, but overall a good atmosphere and great fun. We may have to look into ways of toning down the aggressive driving and lack of sportsmanship some contestants are showing. Wether the solution is spectating marshalls or just reinforcement of expected behaviour I don't know.

Anyway, I shall grab a coffee or two and begin to compile the results. Watch this space.

one solution to the problem would be to edit the start of the maps a bit. Too many maps have a zilion spawnpoints per m2. Placing them further apart, and using several startrows will greatly improve matters.

driver2: We are still in need of a website so your offer is most welcome. If you would like to contact xgj, our graphic designer, on these forums or on IRC and discuss it with him that would be great.

Mainley, I need to know what scripts you need, so I can say if I'm able to do it for you, as I have never done something for a league before.

Its not congested starts so much. It's more times like a contestant is passing another at a much higher speed so the first barges him off the road, that's not acceptable. Blocking a passing maneuver in the first place is fine (unless you are about to be lapped) but not deliberately taking out a contestant who just bettered you. Another frequent issue is people who made a mistake and missed a checkpoint then stop in the middle of the road! or drive back up it the wrong way on the racing line. Really they should pull to the side and double back out of the way of people behind them who HAVN'T missed it.

Its not congested starts so much. It's more times like a contestant is passing another at a much higher speed so the first barges him off the road, that's not acceptable. Blocking a passing maneuver in the first place is fine (unless you are about to be lapped) but not deliberately taking out a contestant who just bettered you. Another frequent issue is people who made a mistake and missed a checkpoint then stop in the middle of the road! or drive back up it the wrong way on the racing line. Really they should pull to the side and double back out of the way of people behind them who HAVN'T missed it.

uuuuhhh i believe that was me :oops:

i did concider going to the sidewalk, but there were cars on both sides, and i only needed to back up like 1m. It was a very unfortunate thing, i generally try to avoid people wherever possible, if only to prevent 'being lagged'.

Results for tonight are as follow:

Name, Number of races Played, 1st, 2nd, 3rd : Total points

Si|ent 17, 11, 0, 0 : 33

Huzs 18, 3, 3, 2 : 17

Xtrafresh 18, 3, 3, 2 : 17

Mr.Kreska 18, 1, 2, 1 : 8

Jigga 18, 0, 2, 4 : 8

Red 18 0, 4, 0 : 8

Smily 18, 0, 1, 3 : 5

Jani 18 0, 1, 0 : 2

Brulla 9 0, 0, 2 : 2

Knoxville_ 18, 0, 0, 1 : 1

^TT^ 11, 0, 0, 0 : 0

BTH 3, 0, 0, 0 : 0

And the league standings after tonight are:

Si|ent 34, 14, 2, 1 : 47

sp4rk 17, 8 , 4, 1 : 33

U.F.F.E 17, 4, 2, 1 : 17

Huzs 18, 3, 3, 2 : 17

Xtrafresh 18, 3, 3, 2 : 17

Mr.Kreska 35, 1, 5, 2 : 15

Jigga 29, 0, 4, 5 : 13

Red 35 0, 4, 0 : 8

^TT^ 27, 0, 1, 4 : 6

Jani 33, 0, 2, 2 : 6

Smily 18, 0, 1, 3 : 5

MAD_BOY 10, 1, 0, 2 : 5

Maccer 17, 1, 0, 1 : 4

Brulla 9 0, 0, 2 : 2

Knoxville_ 18, 0, 0, 2 : 2

BTH 9, 0, 0, 1 : 1

Erock 3, 0, 0, 0 : 0

Palster 1, 0, 0, 0 : 0

hey.

you still searching for a mapper of maybe php site builder coz i got some skilles so i can help.

also check out my latest map i map.

you can find it on the mta center.

offroad_king. its a totaly custom map.

offroad ofcourse and pretty long 2.

so i hope i can help you guys ^^