S.A.R.L - San Andreas Racing league - Entrants, discussions

The first meet is due to take place this wednesday at around 9pm GMT. Please gather in irc://irc.multiteftauto.com/SARL around 8.30pm GMT for server password and other imprtant information.

For more details and a link to the map pack download so you can practice before the event please check the mass email that I have sent to you all.

hmm.. I don't get home till 3 hours later, guess I can't participate.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be noted that there will be many such meets, held at different times and on different days. Missing some won't disqualify you or 'knock you out' of the competition. It just means you will miss a few oppertunities to score points. This will show relatively clearly in the league table though, in a played #, won #, points # format. It's fairly likely that most entrants wont make every date so it should even itself out over time hopefully.

Because it is impossible to get everyone together (or see that they are), or answer questions quickly and organise things on the fly as you can with a 'live' format like IRC, the forum is also too public for server password details. To name but a few reasons

Enjoy your game [xii]razor.

Red UK has been in touch and has made a few changes to the big boost map that was to be included in tomorrow nights meet, apparently vehicle-change pickups have been removed to place it in the straght race category rather than the 'anything goes' chaos category. The route remains the same however so no need to download the new version for practice purposes.

hm.. lol thx.. :P

but if i get it right.. i can't race without idling on irc for 17 days?

so. .when do i need to get on irc for 2 minutes so i can race..?

Think of it as a drivers meeting before the race and no you do not need to idle on IRC, but only if you want to lable yourself as cool and a regular. :P

Besides, this first race is going to be like testing grounds for me to see if SARL is really going to be for me (as lag is concerned) because I don't want to ruin it for anyone else if I become a lagging problem.

Can't wait for the first race but I can only join in for a few then its off to the academy I go.

cheers

It should be noted that there will be many such meets, held at different times and on different days. Missing some won't disqualify you or 'knock you out' of the competition. It just means you will miss a few oppertunities to score points. This will show relatively clearly in the league table though, in a played #, won #, points # format. It's fairly likely that most entrants wont make every date so it should even itself out over time hopefully.

Good job I have no life :P

:?

Tonight went well overall, I think we all had a lot of fun and there were relatively few teething troubles for a first event of this kind. The h2so4 boys showed thier class and I suspect thier points tally will be fairly high once I have calculated the results (either tonight or tomorrow afternoon).

Some maps showed weaknesses that will be fixed for the next round, such as hoop checkpoints being too small for multiple aircraft in one race, and a conjested start in another (not a race made specifically for SARL).

Unfortunately some less than sporting driving was seen on a few occasions too but hopefully a reinforcement of the kind of sportsmanship expected shoudl prevent this from becoming an issue.

Heres a few screens of the action for you to look at while I calculate the results :)

sarlmeet1a.jpg

sarlmeet1b.jpg

sarlmeet1c.jpg

Sulphuric Acid FTW ^^

Tho i was a bit confused from the start,with all the map changes and sometimes same maps,i surely had fun.

As for the sportsmanships,i didnt even noticed a single bit personally,i do saw you complain about it in chat. i do have heard of a certain "payback" (winks at uffe) but it's still a race,but in the overall i think all people were enjoying it and it was succeeded.

gj

It kind of helps to send passwords :thumbup: ... oh well... i guess i over looked something again.

I seem to remember this happening:

(21:04:35) —› topic: (Si|ent) changes topic to (San Andreas Racing League - First Race meet tonight: - http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=14745 : Jani's SARL server : 85.234.136.102:22003 password is peenballs)

Nice observation skills :thumbup: i bet you seen that on irc. you see, my problem was that i could not log into irc an issue that i thought to be a password problem.

Tho i was a bit confused from the start,with all the map changes and sometimes same maps,i surely had fun.

It was explained in IRC before we started that there was no way to automate the order of the races therefore they would be started manually, meaning 'race end, new map autoloads, forced load of actual map wanted' at the start of each race. If you had paid attention you would have seen this.

No map was repeated (except for the server choosing to start it before it was overridden by our map choice) as stated before, some courses are run with more than one vehicle type. None are 'the same' however.

MatthewMc, It's a shame you had problems, no password is required to connect to the irc so I'm not sure of the problem.

MatthewMc, It's a shame you had problems, no password is required to connect to the irc so I'm not sure of the problem.

cant figure it out, had no problems the day before with IRC. and then race day come, and bam. :scratchhead:

oh well overall crappy day, that night comming home from the academy i had a deer run out in front of my car. With it being wet i should of just nailed that deer, but instead it was a natural reaction to jerk on the wheel and overcorrect it into a tree. im all good, my B-Proof vest took most of the shock from the seatbelt. just a little sore in my shoulders and neck.

Heh, I wish I would have made it to there, seems like you had alot of fun.

But hey, One question, Can we arrange a new one this coming friday.

I would love to get some racing done before my vacation starts.

Next time I would be able to play is next thursday... :cry:

Well, anyways congrats to all winners. :P

17 races were played, results are as follows:

Name, Number of races Played, 1st, 2nd, 3rd : Total points

sp4rk 17, 8 , 4, 1 : 33

U.F.F.E 17, 4, 2, 1 : 17

Si|ent 17, 3, 2, 1 : 14

Kreska 17, 0, 3, 1 : 7

^TT^ 16, 0, 1, 4 : 6

MAD_BOY 10, 1, 0, 2 : 5

Jigga 11, 0, 2, 1 : 5

Maccer 17, 1, 0, 1 : 4