Glitching?

Guest Dirty Sanchez

What exactly constitutes "glitching" in MTA: VC? I'd really like to know a specific definition of it. I've really never seen any glitch myself although I have seen people get kicked for some rather dubious reasons.

Grenades. Apparently you can exploit them somehow?

As far as I know, the people on the server that I played with bitched for no better reason than the fact that grenades seem to have a greater efficacy against the frustrating "lag invincibility" that pervades so much of MTA.

Short of people just being bitches and not liking their little routine of "standing a few feet from somebody else and repeatedly shooting one another until one of them arbitrarily dies (lag permitting)" being completely trivialized. Is there any real true exploit? Or are most MTA players just pretty much against anything that's not an outright cheat that works as an effective strategy in killing other people?

Nades, holding fire, throws 1 for you, continues to throw on everyone else's screen - thats a glitch.

Holding fire whilst reloading, you can move/slide and still be shooting for everyone else.

It's mainly little things, but people use and get kicked for them all the time.

Zzz I'm not sure announcing those afresh in such a public place (MTA-wise) is such a good idea. :/

trust, that's nothing new (ya could call em old ;p). Most players that play MTA do know those or will find out sooner or later. There always will be glitches/bugs with MTA (gta3 VC & SA) because the game wasn't designed for multilayer use.

I'm not suggesting they are newly discovered nor surprising in a mod of this nature. I'm suggesting giving everyone on here instructions how to glitch is a very bad idea.

edit: your xfire petition is ironicaly funny. You realise MTA itself isnt xfire compatible right? (i.e. it crashes) hehehe

Teleport glitching? I may have unintentionally done this myself. However I personally don't know exactly how I was able to do it, it did piss me off because I was teleported way out in the middle of nowhere without a vehicle.

Also. I was going to ask about something I've seen on some servers that appears suspect.

People driving at insanely high speeds smashing into other vehicles instantly destroying them and their occupants. It's a cheat or something isn't it?

I'm not suggesting they are newly discovered nor surprising in a mod of this nature. I'm suggesting giving everyone on here instructions how to glitch is a very bad idea.

edit: your xfire petition is ironicaly funny. You realise MTA itself isnt xfire compatible right? (i.e. it crashes) hehehe

theres been more detialed instructions released before by some clan.... *cough* KFC *cough*

Teleport glitching? I may have unintentionally done this myself. However I personally don't know exactly how I was able to do it, it did piss me off because I was teleported way out in the middle of nowhere without a vehicle.

Also. I was going to ask about something I've seen on some servers that appears suspect.

People driving at insanely high speeds smashing into other vehicles instantly destroying them and their occupants. It's a cheat or something isn't it?

The teleport glitch is in VC itself, not MTA.

Happens when you fall through the map, fall off a bike with no space either side (inbetween 2 walls), and theres a few other ways too, usually end up near cherry poppers, but there're a few which take you to the golf course or the junk yard too.

The "insanely high speed" is always a cheat, yes.

In MTA, a glitch is a term which is used by different players to describe a bug. There is some sort of glitches which are MTA related and some sort of which are VC glitches itself.

Switchglitching with chrome shotgun used to be a glitch before, but nowdays it has became a normal tactic. Some people turn their Frame Limiter also off to improve their character speed.

Nade glitching is one of the lamest glitching way but it's simple. In pervious versions there was many of different way how to glitch with nades in current I know atleast one.(They have banned jumping with nades on hand, which solved problems in pervious versions. It's same with fire)

Stubby Shotgun famous way to glitch, while holding shift and arrows and shooting at the same you start glitching and running at once.

Theres many of more glitches but I don't share everything with new generation of MTA players. ;)

I think its not compatible with it at the moment because there is no support for it yet. If xfire adds support it will be compatible ( I guess not really sure ). Xfire added support for mods in the past aswell.

I think its not compatible with it at the moment because there is no support for it yet.

Not really, it was just a case of none of us using xfire whilst developing and testing MTA, so the fact it caused a crash wasn't picked up until after release.

Although in a way you are correct as if xfire had added mta (which they didn't, possibly for aforementioned reasons) then perhaps we would have adressed the crash. It was a Catch 22 - chicken/egg situation :)