[Blog] Release Candidate 1 released to QA team! (by eAi)

orappa

I'm happy to say that we just this minute release the first release candidate to the QA team for them to test. We obviously hope this release candidate is the only one required, but it’s too soon to say if that’s the case or not. As far as I'm aware, there are no open issues that require fixing, so anything that does get changed that requires a new release candidate will either have been introduced in this release candidate or will not have been found previously.

We fixed 24 issues in this release almost all were minor. In total over this QA period for the first public beta we've fixed 439 issues - we never guessed when we started out 7 months ago to the day that this would take so long, but we all hope we've built a stable base for future developments and a couple of fun mods for you to play with.

That’s not to say the public beta will be bug free, of course, not even release quality software is. There’s quite a few issues that we've "suspended" for future patches, either because we can't track down their origin (which I'm sure the community will be able to help with), because they're too trivial to spend the time on or because they would delay the release by too much.

We'll update you on how the release candidate is received soon.

In total over this QA period for the first public beta we've fixed 439 issues - we never guessed when we started out 7 months ago to the day that this would take so long, but we all hope we've built a stable base for future developments and a couple of fun mods for you to play with.

I hope the QA team have a kick ass time playing with it. I have 2 questions. Could you add a option for LAN mode which enables you to have 4 computers for 1 copy of gta? And does vice city have the same teams like in mta 0.5?

In total over this QA period for the first public beta we've fixed 439 issues - we never guessed when we started out 7 months ago to the day that this would take so long, but we all hope we've built a stable base for future developments and a couple of fun mods for you to play with.

I hope the QA team have a kick ass time playing with it. I have 2 questions. Could you add a option for LAN mode which enables you to have 4 computers for 1 copy of gta? And does vice city have the same teams like in mta 0.5?

Eh.. LAN mode with only 1 copy?... Do you think thats possible if it isnt even possible with normal games?.. You'd need illegal exes and stuff.. ( not even possible then when not installed on all 4 pc's )

Vice City = 0.5 I think you meant if SA has the same teams like in 0.5? I guess not because its racing not killing :wink: Or do you mean clans? Clear it up please :P

too bad laggy, the first release of Blue will be SA only :wink:

I'll be in my room... :cry:

Eh.. LAN mode with only 1 copy?... Do you think thats possible if it isnt even possible with normal games?.. You'd need illegal exes and stuff.. ( not even possible then when not installed on all 4 pc's )

Vice City = 0.5 I think you meant if SA has the same teams like in 0.5? I guess not because its racing not killing :wink: Or do you mean clans? Clear it up please :P

In total Annihilation, you could run a small LAN game using 1 copy of the game but if you were going to have lots of players, then you would need 2 copies of the game (1 cd = 4 players). My point is that it is useful to have this option only for LAN users (I don't want to buy 4 copies of the game just to play with 4 guys). Do you think this option could be added in the future?

Edited by Guest
In total Annihilation, you could run a small LAN game using 1 copy of the game but if you were going to have lots of players, then you would need 2 copies of the game (1 cd = 4 players). My point is that it is useful to have this option only for LAN users (I don't want to buy 4 copies of the game just to play with 4 guys). Do you think this option could be added in the future?

This option will never be added. Multiplayer in TA was created by the developers themselves, so there were no legal issues with using 1 CD for 4 players.

get a PSP, there you can share your game :P

Not anymore, only for old games. :wink:

Yes, sadly game sharing is not an option. :cry:

Neither is playing on a psp capable of using iso's of umd's.

Anyway, I'm glad the release is getting close and want to say thanks to all who are making this possible. (I have been a member for quite some time, following up on your work and releases, and enjoying them)

Ahh the good old days, we shall have them again :D

MTA rulez and always has :!: