[Suggestion] MTASA Clanwars

Ok, I'm aware that DM will not be included in R1 for MTASA, but here's an idea that I don't think has came up.

Now in current versions of MTA and VC-MP, we can do clanwars (as many of you may know) but, have we tried it with our Clan members only showing on the radar? No. This idea is to create a new game mode called "Gang Warfare" which allows 2 or more gangs to spawn a certain skin (e.g VCK as Grove Street Families, KFC as Vietnamese etc.) and fight each other. These clanwars will be based on current rules and regulations.

So this is what should be included if this is considered:

- Radar will only show your clan members, and not the opponents (Only your clan member's blips will be shown)

-Defenders and Opponents will be given at least 5 minutes to prepare before each round. (e.g With a timer)

- The Opponents who attack the base have to locate each member who is hiding, or they can simply attack if the defenders are waiting. (This can be optional, for example the server doesn't want the defenders to hide, only the snipers)

- 2 Snipers allocated to each team when defending (Of course the rifle can't do a 1 shot 1 kill thing, it has to have the firepower limited a bit so its fair for both teams)

- Attacking opponents will be given at least 1-2 M4 Rifles, 1-2 AK-47 Rifles, 3 Tec-9 or Uzi, and 1-2 desert eagle depending on how many clan members are in one team.

- Defenders will get all of the above.

- Snipers who are allocated for defending will get 3-4 circle thingies on roofs, bridges, etc. and will be given a certain amount of time to get ready.

- You can only see your team's status

- Global server chat will be available until the actual war starts. (Teams can communicate to each other until one gang is ready, which triggers team chat only. Or you can implement both Global chat and Team chat)

So here's a question for the MTA Team. Will you consider this?

Its maybe hard to do for you guys with bugs and stuff, but its only a suggestion at this time. And also, I'm not expecting for this to be made.

Edited by Guest

I like the idea, especially that you can't see where the enemies are in the blips and that there is a sniper from every team, I think also that they shouldn't be able to trade or pickup any weapons as they kill.

They can only have the weapons they've chosen but with alot of bullets.

I think also that you shouldn't atack a certain area and battle it out, I think that you should ither split up with your team or walk with them to try find the enemies in the whole map (something like CS matches, you don't know where they are in the map and thats more fun than knowing), that makes it even more fun than going up somewhere knowing they're infront or behind you.

Yes it can be hard to not spawn at same area if you don't know where the enemies spawn, but you could make a script that makes each team spawn in diffrent places. Eg let's say VCK choses Blue team and KFC choses Red team then the script will make that they spawn at diffrent places, then when a team has all died then all will spawn again but in diffrent places and you could only see the color of your team in the blips.

I'm sure someone will make this, or similar. I'm also sure many more competitive game structures will be worked out. I guess a large part of the reasons we have had the attack/defend structure is exactly because you can see all players through buildings and on the radar, removing stealth altogether. (Such a shame the teamplay specific features never made it into 0.5.x (obviously)).

Stealthy play should rock.

I just don't like the weapon limitation u put, but the rest seems ok. (i just hate balancing things).

But atleast you shouldn't be able to change any guns and have alot of ammo, else you should be able to but then you whould use your current primary weaponds (just as in CS matches) you should also be able to have a secondary and thats small guns ;)

You don't understand, which is why I don't like it when you're around m21

If this game mode happened in real life (though there have been actual gangwars in the past), the enemy showing up will be unpredictable. Even though there is a timer going off ingame to show they are ready,and when they show up at the location specified, they may use tactics and suspend their movement for about 1-2 minutes, to make a suggestion to the team just before entering enemy territory.

e.g Split the gang into groups of 4, and surround the enemy by sending 2 groups to search for snipers, the rest to do man-to-man combat with whatever.

see if someone from your gang got hurt... :roll:

What I was trying to suggest too was that each gang can only see their own gang member's status. They cannot see the opponents which makes this challenging.

Also, I've added another suggestion in my first post

Nice Spitfire, it's a very simple but a good idea. ^_^

Few ideas from me:

-There should be selection for different characters with a different weapons.

-We don't want to waste our time for pickups, it would be excellent to spawn already with all these guns.

-There should be vehicles already at spawn.

-Health- and armorpickups randomly over the city(also vehicles).

I think using timer before round isn't a very good choice because of crashing, but it would be great to have it inside of round.

Also I don't think it will be possible in first MTA release of San Andreas, if so then let's leave it in distant future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We used to play this kinda game on te VCMP wit my budys. We made lots of cool "game-Modes". Like "Assault" where people defend and otehr atack, then "rapid deployment" wich is basicly the same assault but only the team wich gets to the agreed place first gets to do the lurking ant geting ready for the ones who are late. One of te most fun and interesting modes was "Kill tha maniac".

The maniac gets 500 bullets of minigun and the SWAT,Cop's,FBI,Army,and the SS converge on the agreed area where the hunting is suposed to take part. BTW, sniper rifles don't work on VCMP. But they do work on SA Rumble so if you want to do a little sniper war or maniac hunting we ave made up a little script where the "Special forces" try to hunt down the "Freaks" near the aleged shady cabin in shady creeks forest.The freaks have Infrared vision and the SF have Night vision (Only some of them). The game would be quite nice but rumble lags and as some realy idiotic bugs. Aaaaand, thats it. Thank u for ur time.