Skies High [WiP]

Lawliet

lzA2x9f.png

This is a little project I've been working on for a while now. I'm a huge Ace Combat fan, and I always wanted to bring the frantic, high altitude battles to MTA. That being said, I unfortunately don't have a lot of free time to work on this gamemode, which is why I want to assemble a small team to help me with that.

What exactly is SKIES HIGH?
SKIES HIGH is a "arcade flight simulator", if you will. Battle against other players around the globe for air superiority, purchase aircraft, climb their respective skilltrees, become what pilots refer to as an "Ace", and eventually, the "Ace of Aces".

What does SKIES HIGH offer?
Here are a few things that will be included in the gamemode:

• Dogfight: Small-scale skirmishes with up to 8 players - either against each other, or in teams
  • The Round Table: Large-scale, all-out war with up to 32 players. Last man standing, only the best survive the airspace commonly referred to as "The Round Table".
  • Missions: Experience the story of SKIES HIGH with 3 other players

Other than that, the following features will also be available:

• Hangar: Buy/sell your aircraft, upgrade them by climbing the skilltree, add and change skins/tags/squadron logo
  • "Weapons of Mass Destruction": Specialized, highly dangerous superweapons capable of easily destroying entire squadrons
  • Events: Special events which allow players to unlock skins/aircraft/story which might never be available again

This sounds really cool. Is the gamemode available for download?
No. The whole gamemode is a work in progress, pre-alpha state, in a manner of speaking. I'm currently more interested in assembling a team to help me code this gamemode, anyway. The gamemode itself won't be released to the public, either. It'll be closed source, running on 2-3 servers at most, all hosted and managed by the team.

This sucks. And let me guess, there'll be lootboxes or something like that to pay for the server costs.
No. There won't be any lootboxes. In order to pay for server costs, we'll allow players to purchase cosmetics for their aircraft. And no, you won't be able to bribe your way to victory by buying a F-22A Raptor.

I'm interested in joining your team.
That's awesome. However, interest alone won't allow you to just join, there's a few requirements you must fullfill:

• Must have experience with Lua (ideally, you should have already scripted your own gamemode)
  • Willing to not disclose/leak/share any parts of the code, however insignificant you may deem that action
  • Working knowledge of the english language - I'm absolutely fine with grammatical errors, as long as you know the difference between its and it's

You think you'd pass these requirements with flying colors? Good, then send me a private message, and we'll talk!

Is there a lot left to script?
Yes, unfortunately. As I've said, I don't have enough free time to dedicate myself to scripting everything, hence the assembly of a team. I've started scripting a few things, like the HUD, the lobby, "start menu", but there's still a lot left to do.

What about modellers? Do you need one, too?
Yes. I've found a lot of aircraft skins online, but for some reasons, they are broken. A modeller could certainly fix them, though.

Final question: what's in for me if I join your team?
Err, if you expect monetary compensation or something, I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. SKIES HIGH is a project of passion. Any money earned with it will be used to pay server/website costs, and PERHAPS commission the creation of special aircraft skins.

I'm really sorry I can't provide you with screenshots or videos right now, but rest assured, I'll post some once I have proper, working internet (which is another reason I want and need a team). Still, I hope I sparked your interest in this gamemode. See you up in the skies, fellow pilots!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Lawliet said:

lzA2x9f.png

This is a little project I've been working on for a while now. I'm a huge Ace Combat fan, and I always wanted to bring the frantic, high altitude battles to MTA. That being said, I unfortunately don't have a lot of free time to work on this gamemode, which is why I want to assemble a small team to help me with that.

What exactly is SKIES HIGH?
SKIES HIGH is a "arcade flight simulator", if you will. Battle against other players around the globe for air superiority, purchase aircraft, climb their respective skilltrees, become what pilots refer to as an "Ace", and eventually, the "Ace of Aces".

What does SKIES HIGH offer?
Here are a few things that will be included in the gamemode:

• Dogfight: Small-scale skirmishes with up to 8 players - either against each other, or in teams
  • The Round Table: Large-scale, all-out war with up to 32 players. Last man standing, only the best survive the airspace commonly referred to as "The Round Table".
  • Missions: Experience the story of SKIES HIGH with 3 other players

Other than that, the following features will also be available:

• Hangar: Buy/sell your aircraft, upgrade them by climbing the skilltree, add and change skins/tags/squadron logo
  • "Weapons of Mass Destruction": Specialized, highly dangerous superweapons capable of easily destroying entire squadrons
  • Events: Special events which allow players to unlock skins/aircraft/story which might never be available again

This sounds really cool. Is the gamemode available for download?
No. The whole gamemode is a work in progress, pre-alpha state, in a manner of speaking. I'm currently more interested in assembling a team to help me code this gamemode, anyway. The gamemode itself won't be released to the public, either. It'll be closed source, running on 2-3 servers at most, all hosted and managed by the team.

This sucks. And let me guess, there'll be lootboxes or something like that to pay for the server costs.
No. There won't be any lootboxes. In order to pay for server costs, we'll allow players to purchase cosmetics for their aircraft. And no, you won't be able to bribe your way to victory by buying a F-22A Raptor.

I'm interested in joining your team.
That's awesome. However, interest alone won't allow you to just join, there's a few requirements you must fullfill:

• Must have experience with Lua (ideally, you should have already scripted your own gamemode)
  • Willing to not disclose/leak/share any parts of the code, however insignificant you may deem that action
  • Working knowledge of the english language - I'm absolutely fine with grammatical errors, as long as you know the difference between its and it's

You think you'd pass these requirements with flying colors? Good, then send me a private message, and we'll talk!

Is there a lot left to script?
Yes, unfortunately. As I've said, I don't have enough free time to dedicate myself to scripting everything, hence the assembly of a team. I've started scripting a few things, like the HUD, the lobby, "start menu", but there's still a lot left to do.

What about modellers? Do you need one, too?
Yes. I've found a lot of aircraft skins online, but for some reasons, they are broken. A modeller could certainly fix them, though.

Final question: what's in for me if I join your team?
Err, if you expect monetary compensation or something, I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. SKIES HIGH is a project of passion. Any money earned with it will be used to pay server/website costs, and PERHAPS commission the creation of special aircraft skins.

I'm really sorry I can't provide you with screenshots or videos right now, but rest assured, I'll post some once I have proper, working internet (which is another reason I want and need a team). Still, I hope I sparked your interest in this gamemode. See you up in the skies, fellow pilots!

Still waiting on the screenshots.