server connect issue (auto redirection on russian PUBG MTA servers)

DarmiaN

Question

Hello. So, I usually play on one community that has a couple of more servers. I usually switch them depending on the online users, but for some reason, when I try to connect to a specific server, it's redirecting me to another server which is a server from the same community. I want to mention that I was able to play on that specific server in the past. I have no idea what might be the issue. I have tried to change the name, to reinstall the client. Nothing helped me. Sorry to ask here, I wish I could post on the forum of that community but all the forum is in Russian and I don't understand it. I thought that maybe I will find some answers here.

4 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

I know you're talking about the russian PUBG servers (managed by https://vk.com/gtabg and named like "GTA Battlegrounds [PUBG, SQUAD, №1]") .. the reason this happens is because they decided to use player balancing measures; players get divided into groups and then assigned to the server they want those players (or a certain amount of players, independently of who) to be on. The redirect is done by a script.

Most often this system is toggled on or modified when they run a test server with gamemode beta changes, and want sufficient exposure or a specific audience.

This means you're not always in control of which one of their servers you play on; it can cause splits between you and your friends, with not everyone you know being able to play on the same server. If you don't like this mechanism, I advise you to contact the server owner.

Edit: I asked the server owner and he told me the actual reason:

G7VitC2.png