Norton Anti-Virus Lag problems

Argh! This is really doing my head in now.

Since I zapped my PC I've been having problems with my graphics card. No hardware was changed, just a reinstall with the same hardware, and I think all the same software.

Since doing that, I started getting a pause in GTA:SA. CJ or any cars, etc would move for a second, pause for half, move for a second, etc. I tried all sorts of drivers for the card, but in the end tracked it down to Norton Anti-Virus. The Navapsvc.exe constantly take up between 19-42% of my processor. If I engage the internet lock and turn off Norton I can play fine. Obviously this will be a problem with MTA though.

I've run Norton, Adaware and Spybot, and all are clean. Any suggestions people?

Argh! This is really doing my head in now.

Since I zapped my PC I've been having problems with my graphics card. No hardware was changed, just a reinstall with the same hardware, and I think all the same software.

Since doing that, I started getting a pause in GTA:SA. CJ or any cars, etc would move for a second, pause for half, move for a second, etc. I tried all sorts of drivers for the card, but in the end tracked it down to Norton Anti-Virus. The Navapsvc.exe constantly take up between 19-42% of my processor. If I engage the internet lock and turn off Norton I can play fine. Obviously this will be a problem with MTA though.

I've run Norton, Adaware and Spybot, and all are clean. Any suggestions people?

It isn't a problem with MTA and the fact that your game lags isn't due to a virus in MTA. If there is a virus in the copy of MTA you got ( which I doubt looking at the problem ), download it from another mirror and try again. I don't know what the problem is with your antivirus acting like that, im afraid someone else needs to help you with that.

Any security expert will tell you not to run two personal firewalls at once on one PC. Equally, its fairly well known that norton is rather a memory and processor intensive program at times. I'd avoid it personally.

oh shit,i guess i dident read it proply :oops::lol: and having 2-3 firewalls is not a good idea lol having broadband - if u have it is like a 2 way high way if nothin can get to u u cant get 2 it :x,just go with this : microsoft antispyware-free from the microsoft website norton antivirus 2005 - not free but subcribsion and buying of the product will cost lastly windows fire wall - shold be installe afta u update xp 2 sevice pack 2 :)

Having 2 firewalls at the same time is a really bad idea. That could mess up your PC. Last time I did that, I wasn't able to do anything.

I had 3 firewalls once,"Bull-dog security system"

ZoneAlarm

Defender Pro

Windows Firewall

and I was just fine, but now i'm back to 1 again

oh shit,i guess i dident read it proply :oops::lol: and having 2-3 firewalls is not a good idea lol having broadband - if u have it is like a 2 way high way if nothin can get to u u cant get 2 it :x,just go with this : microsoft antispyware-free from the microsoft website norton antivirus 2005 - not free but subcribsion and buying of the product will cost lastly windows fire wall - shold be installe afta u update xp 2 sevice pack 2 :)

GRAMMEDIC! We need some punctuation, stat! :lol:

Couldn't actually understand the advise in all that. I have Norton, and that's the whole problem. I'm not too keen on using MS Anti-Spyware because it's from Microsoft, and my copy of Office may or may not be legal.

I have turned off Auto-Protect on Norton. Not too happy with doing that, but I'll see how it goes.