[MOD]SA-MP

Toreno

yes, posty, but you gotta realise that MTA or Multitheftauto is the world's leading multiplayer modification for the Grand Theft Auto 3 Trilogy :P

they don't want other mods to get in the middle of the attention, even though these topics aren't meant to diss MTA in any way.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why everyone's getting defensive; only Posty has the right to do that as my comment was directed towards him.

Is there a problem with posting news in the thread that's dedicated to this mod's news? I never knew that it was against the rules to post about news in the mod's thread :roll: No, I don't come here to advertise. I post when I feel like it, and that's that. I just don't post very often at all.

When I notice there's news that hasn't been posted in the threads, I'll post it. It's that simple Jon, I don't understand where you're getting at. I never knew it was against the rules to post news though, so I'll stop posting updates.

If you had done something against the rules, you would have been warned for it. I merely asked a question to satisfy my curiousity, which you duly answered. I think you and the other people in this thread overreacted somewhat.

And it is quite a legitimate question to ask.. all your posts since August 2005 have been in the SA-MP thread (with one exception).

Since Augest 2005, I've posted 3 times. Once in someone's thread who asked for help, and 2 in the SA-MP thread. I hardly call that "advertising."

I dont understand why you need to post this information on the MTA forum.

I dont check other mod forums as much as this one, it's nice to see people posting the news of other stuff here.

That is what this section's for is it not? :roll:

Some people tend to think about them as enemies or competitors, and chose to only play/support one.. they're idiots!

I know i'll be playing mta, sa-mp and my own (rumble) when they're released, and it's gonna be fun :D

Was playing sa-mp earlier, the sync is amazing, they've done a good job.

I dislike the small-chatbox/nametags, and there's an annoying camera bug, but i'm guessing that'll be fixed soon..

Some people tend to think about them as enemies or competitors, and chose to only play/support one.. they're idiots!

I know i'll be playing mta, sa-mp and my own (rumble) when they're released, and it's gonna be fun :D

Well put. I'm tired of idiots trying to say 'this mod sucks play this guys mod'... why not just play both? I think its just a combo of grievances against this mod or the people who play it and the ability now to choose something else, that makes people into fanboys of certain mods.

I will play what ever I feel is best suited to my needs and what I have the most fun with. On that note I will test it out and deside what features I like the most. It's like chooseing a e-mail cleint. Thunderbird, Outlook Express, etc, etc. I had to try them before I picked one to use.

I tryed gtat and rumble for GTA SA and I liked rumble more so thats what I played.

I think most of us are aware of the few people who hang around on this forum merely to encourage complaint about MTA or try and promote a feeling of competition and dissent between it and other mods, (they know who they are too). The MTA Team itself doesn't feel this way though, and nor do the teams involved in the creation of other mods, so thier efforts have been in vein.

I, like many others, intend to play any and every mod out there, unless something very odd happens each one should provide something unique. Much like I have played Medal of Honour, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Return to Castle Wolfenstien and Call of Duty ", all of which could be viewed as 'the same' and 'competing' by those who havn't played them and appreciated them all.

Perhaps now we could leave this thread for its intended purpose, to provide somewhere to discuss SAMP. If you feel the need to discuss the above then I suggest you start a new thread in general to do so.

Hopefully nothing like the posts before me don't happen again, but there is another update, so lets move on.

http://www.gtasanandreas.net/news/index.php

We last reported on this project at the start of the year, and today - after testing SA-MP for a second time - I'm delighted to announce that there have been many advances in it's development since.

* Firstly, the number of bugs/crashes have been greatly reduced, and the sync is noticably smoother. This afternoon I had two crashes - both of which were caused by Fraps and not the modification itself.

* When entering a vehicle, you can now determine whether you wish to enter as the driver or as a passenger. Entering as a passenger can be done using G, whereas previously you had no option if there was already a driver inside the vehicle.

* New game modes have been implemented, some of which enable you to team-up with other users.

* "Las Vegas Deathmatch" (LVDM) is - believe it or not - a basic deathmatch. You spawn on the escalator at the hotel based on Bally's. The objective is simply to spawn and kill your opponents.

* The second mode we tried is called "Cops N' Gangs", where you have a choice of playing as either a cop, or a member of the Grove Street gang. There is a drug van parked in Glen Park, and the gang's objective is to get it [safely] back to Grove Street whereas the cops must try and prevent this.

New modes are currently being developed.

More detailed updates can be found on the team's blog, where all of their progress will be recorded over the coming months.

In addition to some screenshots taken from this afternoon's test, I've recorded a short video lasting approximately 4 minutes which shows off some of the most recent developments:

Download Video (WMV - 29.2MB)

See more Screenshots here.

My favorite picture is this one :P

23606an.th.jpg

EDIT: MORE VC-MP NEWS.

http://www.gtamultiplayer.com/vc-mp/

For those of you who didnt know, FalconGT has joined the team to continue the development on VC-MP, welcome!

As for the development, many new things have been sorted, such as:

*Shotgun falldown bug fixed

*Fixed Server crash on kick

*Added pickups that are able to be defined through the INI

*Synced pickups

*Stats system (/stats)

*Login system with admin control commands (/register [password], /login [password])

*Ability to make admins (/makeadmin [server password] [playerid] [level])

A lot of RCON commands have been added, such as sethp, setloc, setmoney, gethp, getloc, getmoney, setcontrol, getcarhp, setcarhp, setcarlock, getcarlock, and many more.

Check back later for updates!

All they need is a server browser, and carjacking, then it will be the shit once again. Even if SA is out now, at least there will be something to play on VC while we wait for SA-MP.

Edited by Guest

**Edited by slush: This thread is for discussion of SA-MP only. If you have problems with someone, take it out with them in private. Do not use our forum to bash others or your account will be deleted and your ip banned. Thanks.**

***EDITED BY B***

Sure no problem, but posty still sucks.

Thanks

Edited by Guest