[MOD]SA-MP

Toreno

xGj wrote:

Lol how could you come up with a percentage completed of 72.35% :P

I'd say it was more like 72.36% actually, but it's close enough.

Well I actually meant, how could you come up with ,35%. You cant actually say a mod is completed at 72,35 or 36%. Thats just a weird number. I'd do it in steps like finished 70 % 75 % etc.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A better idea instead of progress bars is to put what the last thing you finished was.

or a to-do list, where ya can sign off things which are done..

e.g.

• My MP MOD
  • server code ..done
  • net code ..done
  • admin ..done
  • anti cheat ..not done
  • car sync ..done
  • player sync ..not done
  • bonus feature ..done
    ... so on (in more depth).

this would tell us more about the progress of the mod, jus an idea.

Or a rev counter / speedo / gear combo, that could rise and fall depending on breakthroughs and problems etc. Possibly a little involved though, it would take somebodys precious time to both design and regularly manipulate it. It would be less rigid and fits in with the Auto side nicely though. ;)

I'd do it in steps like finished 70 % 75 % etc.

I suggested that to the MTA Team. They didn't actually take it into account.

Well, I dont want to see the old progress bars or numbers back, they were innacurate plus the fact people where whining about it a number was stuck for a while. They have a good blog now which informs us very often, and personally, I like it very much more than a crappy bar and sometimes a little news on the homepage :)

That's the point. It isn't really possible to assign an accurate completion percentage to this kind of project so the number chosen is obviously tongue-in-cheek. You just didn't 'get it' :)

Yes thats exactly what I meant. Im not that fluent in English so thanks you explained it :P

• 2 weeks later...
Exclusive interview by GTA Series, including new pics.

http://www.gta-series.com/it/multiplaye ... terview_en

Posty, do you only come here to advertise?

Is there a problem with posting news in the thread that's dedicated to this mod's news? I never knew that it was against the rules to post about news in the mod's thread :roll: No, I don't come here to advertise. I post when I feel like it, and that's that. I just don't post very often at all.

When I notice there's news that hasn't been posted in the threads, I'll post it. It's that simple Jon, I don't understand where you're getting at. I never knew it was against the rules to post news though, so I'll stop posting updates. :roll:

:D

I dont understand why you need to post this information on the MTA forum.

I thought this section was for OTHER MODS and what's going on with them. But obviously this whole entire forum has to be based around MTA :roll:

Seriously, the point of the topics in the OTHER MODS (again, not MTA but OTHER MODS) is to update people on the progress and news of other mods being created or that have been released... SA-MP has allready proven a release with VC-MP, so it's topic deserves to be here.