Can't run map editor

CTPX

Question

Hello, recently I bought new PC and installed MTA. Playing, connecting are totally fine, I don't have any problems with that, however I can't run map editor or start local server. Nothing is showing up, just "starting local server". I have read some topics on forum, updated my drivers, downloaded latest directx and so on, but nothing helps. Can someone tell me what to do? Thanks a lot

9 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
On 21/10/2018 at 21:13, CTPX said:

Nothing is showing up, just "starting local server"

During this process, press F8 and copy the contents over to this topic. When you're starting map editor or local server F8 functions as server console, so the state of things while failing to launch should give us a few clues as to what is going on.

On 23/10/2018 at 23:57, Dutchman101 said:

During this process, press F8 and copy the contents over to this topic. When you're starting map editor or local server F8 functions as server console, so the state of things while failing to launch should give us a few clues as to what is going on.

Alright, done that.

This is the message when I'm trying to start local server via MTA

==================================================================
= Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas v1.5.6
= Server name      : Default MTA Server
= Server IP address: auto
= Server port      : 22010
= 
= Log file         : ..erver/mods/deathmatch/logs/local_server.log
= Maximum players  : 32
= HTTP port        : 22011
= Voice Chat       : Disabled
= Bandwidth saving : Medium
=================================================================

And this however is message when I just want to start map editor

= Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas v1.5.6
= Server name      : Map Editor Server
= Server IP address: auto
= Server port      : 22010
= 
= Log file         : ..rver/mods/deathmatch/logs/editor_server.log
= Maximum players  : 1
= HTTP port        : 22011
= Voice Chat       : Disabled
= Bandwidth saving : None
[21:53:02] Resource 'acpanel' requests some acl rights. Use the command 'aclrequest list acpanel'

Sorry for code mode, but I wanted to make it clear without qoute your message and the code from mta. As I said earlier, in my first post - after those 2 messages nothing happens. It just freeze on "starting local server" message.

Edited by CTPX
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Under certain circumstances, launching a local server (both as map editor and regular server) can take a while. I'm not sure for how long you have waited, but first try to wait for a couple of minutes before deciding it's a permanent freeze.

What happens if you launch the server from its folder location instead of ingame? go to Program Files > MTA San Andreas 1.5 > server, and doubleclick "MTA Server.exe". If it doesn't work (freeze), then does launching as administrator (rightclick) make any difference?

I trust in your words that you already uninstalled, 'deleted left-overs' and re-installed MTA, if you're unsure then repeat that process before following my next instructions.

These instructions are for when the server also freezes while starting up when started by the method described above;

1) Download Process Monitor from here: https://download.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessMonitor.zip

2) Download this configuration file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sm1n42deyxbxeb/ProcmonMTAServerConfiguration.pmc?dl=1

3) Extract and start Process Monitor, select the 'File' menu and click "Import configuration', point it to the .pmc file from the first link and open it. Keep the application open.

4) Start MTA server, and wait 3 minutes after it freezes. Now, select the 'File' menu and click "Save".

Upload the resulting log file (.pml extension) to http://upload.mtasa.com and provide me a link in this topic.

Also attach your MTADiag log link to your post so we can use it besides the ProcMon log;

Please download and run MTADiag and follow the instructions.

Post any Pastebin URL MTADiag gives you in this topic.

@CTPX

On 27/10/2018 at 15:43, Dutchman101 said:

Under certain circumstances, launching a local server (both as map editor and regular server) can take a while. I'm not sure for how long you have waited, but first try to wait for a couple of minutes before deciding it's a permanent freeze.

What happens if you launch the server from its folder location instead of ingame? go to Program Files > MTA San Andreas 1.5 > server, and doubleclick "MTA Server.exe". If it doesn't work (freeze), then does launching as administrator (rightclick) make any difference?

I trust in your words that you already uninstalled, 'deleted left-overs' and re-installed MTA, if you're unsure then repeat that process before following my next instructions.

These instructions are for when the server also freezes while starting up when started by the method described above;

1) Download Process Monitor from here: https://download.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessMonitor.zip

2) Download this configuration file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sm1n42deyxbxeb/ProcmonMTAServerConfiguration.pmc?dl=1

3) Extract and start Process Monitor, select the 'File' menu and click "Import configuration', point it to the .pmc file from the first link and open it. Keep the application open.

4) Start MTA server, and wait 3 minutes after it freezes. Now, select the 'File' menu and click "Save".

Upload the resulting log file (.pml extension) to http://upload.mtasa.com and provide me a link in this topic.

Also attach your MTADiag log link to your post so we can use it besides the ProcMon log;

Please download and run MTADiag and follow the instructions.

Post any Pastebin URL MTADiag gives you in this topic.

@CTPX

Alright. Done everything you tell. Something weird happend. I thought my server won't launch at any point but finally after 10 mins of seeing "starting local server", I managed to create local one. Thats good tho, but why it takes so long to launch it? Previously on my old PC it was instant. Maybe you have any solutions why it takes so long to start?

MTADiag pastebin

According to your post, done everything I could but after saving the file, its size is over 7 GB so I can't upload it.

Those are setting of saving in the program click

Also, thank you very much for trying to help me. Noone else before couldn't :)

On 29/10/2018 at 01:04, CTPX said:

Хорошо. Совершено все, что вы говорите. Что-то странное. Я думал, что мой сервер не будет запускаться в какой-либо момент, но, наконец, через 10 минут, увидев «запуск локального сервера», мне удалось создать локальный. Это хорошо, но почему это так долго, чтобы запустить его? Раньше на моем старом ПК это было мгновенно. Может быть, у вас есть какие-то решения, почему так долго нужно начинать?

MTADiag pastebin

Согласно вашему сообщению, я сделал все, что мог, но после сохранения файла размер его более 7 ГБ, поэтому я не могу его загрузить.

Это настройка сохранения в щелчке программы

Кроме того, большое спасибо за попытку помочь мне. Никто еще не мог:)

You say that a long server load.

What the specs of your PC?

Edited by edeko960