Issue being kicked

Snizzyboy

Question

Hello, so recently I've been getting kicked from the game and it's sending me this message

"You were kicked from the game (SD #5 UPDATE CPU-Z)
Ensure no other program is modifying MTA:SA"

I have no modifications, both GTA:SA and MTA:SA are fresh installs after a Windows installation.

12 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

There are reasons for anti-cheats of a variety of games to block this driver (which I won't elaborate on), however others who were playing games that blocked it for the same reasons found out that the heavily outdated driver's presence isnt limited to having installed CPU-Z; other applications may bundle the driver.

For more information on that, read from https://www.google.com/search?q=cpuz141_x64.sys (the resulting troubleshooting topics that were successful)

Regardless whether it came bundled with something else or was the actual CPU-Z application, it should be possible to disable or delete the driver like ccw mentioned, unless ofcourse said application is scanning for a change in the driver's state and turning it back on. Therefore, I advise you delete it instead of stopping it only (write the below in command prompt)

sc delete cpuz141

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
7 hours ago, Snizzyboy said:

http://prntscr.com/lumdok

This is what I'm getting and its so annoying

Welcome back, so from what I understand the last instructions given by ccw also didn't work?

I believe that Corsair software on your PC ships the vulnerable driver. Uninstall all Corsair-related software, then delete the driver manually per ccw's instructions, after that go to the C:\windows\TEMP\cpuz141\ folder manually and delete all of its contents.

Now, if it's solved, you can try re-installing Corsair software but the latest version (from last month); https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/downloads. If this brings back the issue, you got 2 choices: stop using Corsair software completely, or contact Corsair and tell them they should use the latest version of the CPU-Z driver in their software to prevent problems like yours and opening up a vulnerability to its customers.

Please let me know of the results. If none if this helps, then I don't know the source of this driver on your PC, and then it's remarkable that you cannot manually delete it. Because at that point we have no way to find out which software (that you decided to install) is bringing the driver and possibly preventing its removal (or putting it back), it would be the end of the line and means we cannot help you further. Remember that my suggestion of it being Corsair software is just a guess.. there are very few people who have been kicked for this reason, so we don't have sufficient data to determine more culprit software other than the top 3 (outdated CPU-Z, Rivatuner, and cam software).

Btw, since you haven't been very interactive with us here in the past, I think helping you locate the software to blame is going to be inefficient. What more you can do yourself if nothing works out, is uninstall software that you feel may need to check your system fans, (CPU) clocks, etcetera, to serve its purpose - or try updating each and every program on your PC. In the worst case scenario, uninstall everything one by one (followed by reboots) and keep testing MTA to see when the problem is resolved, or otherwise re-install Windows.

It's also advised to open the link I previously provided, which leads to players of other games that had their anti-cheat kick them, and look at the working solutions they ended up with (the culprit).

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
11 hours ago, Snizzyboy said:

I found the culprit, it was the Corsair Link that did it. Thanks for the help!

Alright, thanks for letting us know, it may help others in the future.

The build of Corsair software that you were using isn't very outdated, which means the developers of it are still relying on old so-called dependencies (the driver). Again, I advise you contact them and ask them if their engineers can start modernizing that layer and stop using a vulnerable driver, so that you can continue to use the software if you want, and others will not be affected by the detection of it. If I have the time, ill notify them myself.