A server side switch to turn off all cheat preventions and cheat kicks

Xabache

Question

I awoke to find both my pcs repeatedly kicked from my own server which I have run 24/7 for 4 years to the enjoyment of a 120k+ users. I learned lua here, i spent thousands of hours building an amazing world that has sat unchanged for several years. It is perfect. kicked, kicked, kicked, rebooted, upgraded server, reinstalled gta, mta, kicked, kicked, kicked. I live at the end of a very long road on MTA and in life, literally, I am at the edge of DSL service. If i use even half my potential bandwidth my dsl disconnects. I am a professional and require bandwidth shaping to maintain my online presence for which I use NetLimiter 4 a very nice program for limiting power hungry apps and preventing disconnects. So why must I suffer these cheat preventions if I and my community have no need for them, any of them at all?

Please immediately implement a server side switch to disable any and all cheat preventions. To freeroam they are a nuisance, and to me they might just be the end of my community's road on MTA.

RE:

11 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Detections for SeriousBit NetBalancer, Locktime NetLimiter and similar apps with the same capabilities have been removed from AC because we understand your concern; there are users using such software for benign purposes, but it has strong lag(switch) capabilities, there was no midway for us to stop that.

Now there is, because we're working on adding them to SD # detections which can be opt-in enabled in mtaserver.conf, so server owners can still prevent people from using it as a lag inducer. Detections are removed so your problem is already resolved, I will keep you updated about the completion of this new special detection.

Edit: added as SD #33, read the AC guide for more information.

@Xabache

Thank you for your quick reply and attention to the problem. It is in fact working as normal again without any problems or fixes from me. Thanks for turning it off. And I appreciate the options you add in server config to turn off all new stuff. Maybe make new features that are only important to people who know about them an option to turn it on  instead. As far as I am concerned MTA was perfect 2 years ago. I will check back in for any updates on this issue in the future.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
1 minute ago, Xabache said:

Maybe make new features that are only important to people who know about them an option to turn it on  instead. As far as I am concerned MTA was perfect 2 years ago.

Do you have any examples of such, and your opinion as to why those detections should be opt-in? Why do you feel it's not perfect right now?

We take feedback on matters like these very seriously.

I have experienced the same problem again, but now caused by me trying to downgrade mta linux server x64 1.5.4-6 away from an apache 2.4 conflict, where running an active apache server on the same server as your mta server causes mta to crash every few days, but not if inactive when the DNS is not set to that server, for which i downgraded my server from 1.5.6 to 1.5.4 and it still crashed, but on my downgrade to 1.5.3 our old friend netlimiter ban was back, with no changes between 1.54 and 1.53 other than the server itself. And so I cannot test if this apache error is resolved by downgrading to 1.5.3. Noting the error may still be apache 2.4 versus 2.2, which i Use to run stably next to 1.5.3 and I think 1.5.4. So in linux server x64 1.5.3 joining with client windows x64 1.5.6 how might I make this evil netlimiter ban go away?

I tried:

<disableac>33</disableac>

Which is of course not listed as being real, but also can confirm it did nothing. https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Anti-cheat_guide#.3Cdisableac.3E.3C.2Fdisableac.3E

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 16:47, ccw said:

Unfortunately, AC 33 cannot be disabled in older servers.

Upload any files from mods/deathmatch/dumps in the server to https://upload.mtasa.com/
and give link here

Hi ccw,
Thanks for requesting I assemble the facts of this problem... I have uploaded to your link, let me know if any thing else is needed.

https://upload.mtasa.com/u/744129701/MTA_Server_1.5.6_Linux_x64_Crash-190102-mtasa-forum-user-Xabahe.rar_

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 22:44, ccw said:

Thanks.
What are the outputs from these Linux commands:

ulimit -a

free

Sorry for the delay. I rebuilt the VPS on CentOS 7.5 x64 and Apache/2.4.6, and in doing so recognized that I was not running them stock as I assumed, but instead I had been also running this very nice Apache securty mod https://github.com/mitchellkrogza/apache-ultimate-bad-bot-blocker so i did not install it with the new build, and did not run it during this new test, and for 4 days nothing crashed.

Here are those commands you requested.

ulimit -a

core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size           (kbytes, -d) unlimited
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
file size               (blocks, -f) unlimited
pending signals                 (-i) 1864
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 64
max memory size         (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
cpu time               (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes              (-u) 1864
virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) unlimited
file locks                      (-x) unlimited

free
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:         498828      428924        5996        4716       63908       36272
Swap:        524284           0      524284

After the four day test of running without any crash of MTA, which is twice as a long as ever before, I again started ultimate bad bot blocker and

started at 0110 0530am

36 hours later... and about 12 hours later after a crash i could not confirm was a crash....

[root@centosuw1 ~]# ps -o etimes -p 5423
ELAPSED
[root@centosuw1 ~]# ps -o etimes -p 8723
ELAPSED

5 minutes after MTA server auto restart...

[root@centosuw1 ~]# ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size           (kbytes, -d) unlimited
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
file size               (blocks, -f) unlimited
pending signals                 (-i) 1864
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 64
max memory size         (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
cpu time               (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes              (-u) 1864
virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) unlimited
file locks                      (-x) unlimited
[root@centosuw1 ~]# free
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:         498828      184844       58580       12792      255404      271068
Swap:        524284       44552      479732
[root@centosuw1 ~]#

A complete collection of the logs here: https://upload.mtasa.com/u/931573179/MTA_Server_1.5.6_Linux_x64_Crash-190102-mtasa-forum-user-Xabahe2.rar_
And the very popular bad bot blocker that is apparently making mta crash by blocking something mta is doing?
https://upload.mtasa.com/u/976134511/MTA_Server_1.5.6_Linux_x64_Crash-190102-mtasa-forum-user-Xabahe2-badbotblocker.rar_

My best guess is that bad bot blocker sees mta doing something it doesnt understand, and therefore it prevents mta from doing it, and mta doesnt understand why it cant do this, so it has a security measure that forces a shutdown of the server, thus leaving no dump file..