web stats - revisiting an ol' topic...

robo456

Hey guys, I've been out of the MTA:VC since 0.3 so I'm a bit rusty on the scene...

I've been trying to read and get up to date and all, but it seems all the info on stats is old and outdated. I used to use phpMTAS which I finally got working great, but from what I understand that doesn't work with .5 without some major DLL/iRC action, which is out of my league.

I'm not necessarily looking for realtime stats (but that would be nice), more of a player scoreboard. I saw game-monitor.com and other sites like that, but that seemed to only show current players, and not overall stats.

Can GRS be adapted for this purpose? Or anyone else have a better solution? I guess I can shoot back to .3, but .5 looked like it had some really great improvements.

Thanks for any info!

--rob

I think it would be great to have web stat(like old dusty stat for 0.2/0.3) for future mta releases.

One thing that I know for sure, as server admin, a lot of people play a lot more to improve their scores, everybody wanna be the 1st one...and its fun just to see who is who among the players(big killer or big loser)

Hey guys, I've been out of the MTA:VC since 0.3 so I'm a bit rusty on the scene...

I've been trying to read and get up to date and all, but it seems all the info on stats is old and outdated. I used to use phpMTAS which I finally got working great, but from what I understand that doesn't work with .5 without some major DLL/iRC action, which is out of my league.

I'm not necessarily looking for realtime stats (but that would be nice), more of a player scoreboard. I saw game-monitor.com and other sites like that, but that seemed to only show current players, and not overall stats.

Can GRS be adapted for this purpose? Or anyone else have a better solution? I guess I can shoot back to .3, but .5 looked like it had some really great improvements.

Thanks for any info!

--rob

Lol I saw many people coming back from 0.3 this year and asking questions about things changed after 0.3 :P

Nvm tho, on topic :

MTA:mA:GRS has indeed some overall score features, although I forgot how to check it out as I dont have grs installed anymore.

Some scripters in here should be able to answer it further.

GRS did include a complete stats database on a web site. But due to some problems at the hoster the site is gone. There might be a replacement with the release of the new MTA version

Addition:

I might be able to change the GRS code for it... Because it uploads the data to a central serve, the address can be changed to your own "GRS" server which servers a website.