Where did mta 0.5x go?

Hi

I remember that the mta news said that they were working on the next (not blue) release (click here for the page). What happened?

Thanks

For the 1000000000000000st time:

They wont work with the current core as it is too laggy and unstable. They wont release any more versions on it. MTASA r1 will be built on the BLUE core ( the new one )

.. :roll:

we've pretty much abandoned that core, the developers who worked on 0.5 were not working on blue, and alot of those members have become inactive. as a result the majority of our team is now focused on blue, and we don't have time to focus on that old core.

Hi

I remember that the mta news said that they were working on the next (not blue) release (click here for the page). What happened?

Thanks

They wont work with the current core as it is too laggy and unstable. They wont release any more versions on it. MTASA r1 will be built on the BLUE core ( the new one )

don't be such an asshole. i would be asking the same thing if i was new to the community and didn't see any official news on 0.5.

Hi

Thanks

don't be such an asshole. i would be asking the same thing if i was new to the community and didn't see any official news on 0.5.

Im not acting like an asshole, I just cleared it up.

Talidan posted a suggestion before regarding 0.5.x, so I shall post it and wonder if you will consider it after R1.

Scrap MTAVC and develop GTA3:MTA and maximize the old core's potential as a lot can be done to it.

What would be the point in working on an old core? Do you realise how aggravating working on an old project would be when you know far you've come and much you've learnt since? A better suggestion would be to one day try and support VC and GTA3 in blue :roll:

Talidan posted a suggestion before regarding 0.5.x, so I shall post it and wonder if you will consider it after R1.

Scrap MTAVC and develop GTA3:MTA and maximize the old core's potential as a lot can be done to it.

What would be the point in working on an old core? Do you realise how aggravating working on an old project would be when you know far you've come and much you've learnt since? A better suggestion would be to one day try and support VC and GTA3 in blue :roll:

100 % agreed.

What about the GTA3 support in the future anyway? Will it support it? As I know the BLUE core was actually developed for VC I bet it will work with it after some changes. It wasn't developed for GTA3 tho so what about it?

Don't roll your eyes at me Jax :P. The point is that lots of things are capable with the old core and GTA3. VC didn't quite work out with the old core, so why not try its chances with GTA3?

Because of what i said? :P People don't make these things purely to bring fun to others, thats just a huge plus, they do it because they find it fun themself, and going backwards and working on something inferior is not fun.

Hehe so does that mean that producers, produce/maufacture goods for themselves as they find it fun to produce and not give crap about consumers, but if consumers like the stuff its just a huge plus ?

Right?

Because of what i said? :P People don't make these things purely to bring fun to others, thats just a huge plus, they do it because they find it fun themself, and going backwards and working on something inferior is not fun.

Hehe so does that mean that producers, produce/maufacture goods for themselves as they find it fun to produce and not give crap about consumers, but if consumers like the stuff its just a huge plus ?

Right?

well, that is completely true for ID software :P

Right?

Um, there's just a slight difference there, they get paid.