Windows error when starting mtaclient.exe file

Guest gdawg

ok, so this happened yesterday for the first time and the first time i've ever on my windows xp system (service pack 2). been playing mtavc for years and mtavc 0.5 since it came out. anyways i was playing and then crashed as usual. however whenever i try to click on my executeable file again to lauch mta, it gives me this error:

windows cannot access the specifieid device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

so i tried researching and did some of the things the others tried but to no avail. searched and cleared all spyware/malware, etc; ran registry cleaner, etc ... did all the necessary steps, but still get the error. can anyone help?

samething has happened to me, my system is secure, i am admin and it was working fine yesterday. Also when I right click on the mtaclient.exe, it takes a long time to bring up the options.

path.jpg

error.jpg

I have xp sp2, im thinking its something to do with the registry. I'm currenting looking through it, if you have any ideas message me: [email protected]

Edited by Guest

uhh I did all that already, i also deleted all the registery keys that had multi theft auto in them. Now when I install the program the exe icon turns into a different icon. :lol: I don't think it is because I deleted the registry keys, seems to me like xp has issues with mta