san andreas is a big place, but where are all the people ??

Guest ventana

hi i'm new to this so plz bare wiith me . Cause i can't starta new topic i must ask it here !

1. when the mta team started the 1st mta i could under stand why the enviroments had no sprites but now as the code has change and since the game map is rendered is a hole why can't they have the people from the game and the cars from the game driving around on there own? make a mod that would make mta sa more fun for me atleast.

2. i would like to see a chaos mod where you could join a pure server for mta sa and have games like how many cars you can distroy, or how many people you can kill and how many house you could robb , it would be like a race ( how homes can you break into and have like 16 to 20 users on the server, stats displayed in top left hand corner of screen) you know something like that .

it's dumb idea i know but i think it would be sorta fun to play in a mta sa server that had game sprites walking around do their day to day life.

i see alot of mods and alot of talk of mods but i see no real ground breaking transformations in the online world for gta/mta/multi play games.

if were going to do something lets make it big!

and if it's a flop big deal! :D

new people new ideas.

*Springs from his grave*

re: AI controlled players

we may provide functions for creating non player pedestrians which can be controlled, however this is not something that would be easy to set up to work in a networked environment, mod devs would possibly have to write their own netcode to sync it (which is not terribly difficult, but something extra that would take a bit of work).

In theory it will be possible, but probably not in the first release of blue :-P

Kent

Sounds cool, but unless we make the server need GTA files, we can't, due to the game being client-side add bots for the moment because the server doesn't know the map, unless the mod does the Jedi Knight approach where each player can add a finite number of bots to the server which the client game controls.

I don't believe anything has been changed, but I have been silent for a while, even though I visit a lot, so I may be wrong.

*Digs back in*

Cause i can't starta new topic i must ask it here !

So whats this u masterbrain?

http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=14505

hi i'm new to this so plz bare wiith me . Cause i can't starta new topic i must ask it here !

1. when the mta team started the 1st mta i could under stand why the enviroments had no sprites but now as the code has change and since the game map is rendered is a hole why can't they have the people from the game and the cars from the game driving around on there own? make a mod that would make mta sa more fun for me atleast.

2. i would like to see a chaos mod where you could join a pure server for mta sa and have games like how many cars you can distroy, or how many people you can kill and how many house you could robb , it would be like a race ( how homes can you break into and have like 16 to 20 users on the server, stats displayed in top left hand corner of screen) you know something like that .

it's dumb idea i know but i think it would be sorta fun to play in a mta sa server that had game sprites walking around do their day to day life.

i see alot of mods and alot of talk of mods but i see no real ground breaking transformations in the online world for gta/mta/multi play games.

if were going to do something lets make it big!

and if it's a flop big deal! :D

:roll::roll:

well i see that one of you so far is on the same page as me !

but it's a good idea and i would like to give it a try, but unless i can find a server and people to write code it will never happen.....

and as for the butthole that called me mastermind "as if!!!!"

like your ideas are any better, and i dare you to start your own server with game sprites walking around ,you write the code and show me how much of a mastermind you are ??? lol ......at least i'm trying to make something new with this game so get bent! :snipersmile:

yeah i thought about jedi knight but i can't find any coders that are up to helping .....just people that know it all but know nothing.... hmmmm i guess thats how the world is lol

"with out failure you can't enjoy victory" :x-mas:

Having pedestrians and cars driving around like in Single Player is difficult, because you've got to get the locations of every pedestrian and send them to the server. Also, you can't have everybody's game creating pedestrians, because then there would be twice as many. It's hard to explain, but basically:

Person 1's game is creating pedestrians. All their locations are being sent to the server.

Person 2's game is creating pedestrians. They are also reveiving locations from the server. They then have the pedestrians their game has created, and also the ones from Player 1's game.

The way around that is either have one person who creates pedestrians, which isn't practical, or the server does it on it's own. But as Selzi quoted from ChrML, the server doesn't know the games files and so can't do that.

well i see that one of you so far is on the same page as me !

but it's a good idea and i would like to give it a try, but unless i can find a server and people to write code it will never happen.....

and as for the butthole that called me mastermind "as if!!!!"

like your ideas are any better, and i dare you to start your own server with game sprites walking around ,you write the code and show me how much of a mastermind you are ??? lol ......at least i'm trying to make something new with this game so get bent! :snipersmile:

yeah i thought about jedi knight but i can't find any coders that are up to helping .....just people that know it all but know nothing.... hmmmm i guess thats how the world is lol

"with out failure you can't enjoy victory" :x-mas:

You really dont get the point. You should look better next time you post.

I didnt say anything about your server idea, I was talking about the doubleposting you would've seen if you have clicked the link, and I didnt say your a (*sarcasm*) masterbrain because of your idea, but because of you said that you dont know how to start a topic... And what is this? Ain't this a topic?.... :roll:

• 4 weeks later...

It's possible, just not realistic. The best way would be for the server to create the pedestrians, but even that would be unnecessarily hard on the server -bandwidth wise-. Personally I would rather a smooth playing experience rather than synced peds.

It's possible, just not realistic. The best way would be for the server to create the pedestrians, but even that would be unnecessarily hard on the server -bandwidth wise-. Personally I would rather a smooth playing experience rather than synced peds.

Indeed, multiplayer is for me that the players represent the peds :P

It's pretty unlikely the server would create them. To do so it would need knowledge of the physical world of San Andreas (or vice city / gta3). Something it doesn't have.

Not necessarily, it could randomly choose spots, send the details to the client, and the client would check whether or not there would be collision or not, it would also decide the appropriate height based on that location. But either way, its just not worth it unfortunately.

It's pretty unlikely the server would create them. To do so it would need knowledge of the physical world of San Andreas (or vice city / gta3). Something it doesn't have.

Not necessarily, it could randomly choose spots, send the details to the client, and the client would check whether or not there would be collision or not, it would also decide the appropriate height based on that location. But either way, its just not worth it unfortunately.

Indeed. The server doesnt have to know anything about the physical world. It could just create the peds which are defined by the server configuration, but its unlikely it will be synced because of the bandwidth. Btw, how come that LCS has peds in multiplayer? Has it do to with the fact the multiplayer is designed for it?

Not necessarily, it could randomly choose spots, send the details to the client, and the client would check whether or not there would be collision or not

Therefore it would be client controlled anyway, but with the extra step of the server asking 'is it ok to put one here' Kind of defeats the object of server-side don't you think?

Indeed. The server doesnt have to know anything about the physical world. It could just create the peds which are defined by the server configuration

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Could you elaborate a little?