Spook-o-meter

Dragon Slayer

Hello!

Are there any functions that relate directly to the Spook-o-meter? It looks like I could simulate the spook-o-meter by creating a progress bar and then getting the player position and the position of the vehicle in front of the player. What I want to do is simulate maintaining a safe following distance. The Spook-o-meter is the closest thing to maintaining a safe following distance that is built into the game. I did not see and client or server functions/events relating to the spook-o-meter but I am assuming I could set up similar functionality with the functions/events provided. Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or gotchas related to setting up something like this?

Thank you!

You will definitely need getDistanceBetweenPoints3D (or 2D if you want to disable the distance check on the Z axis), onClientRender I guess, maybe some easy math for calculations, also you will have to define the element you want to keep the distance away from, at least this is how I would do it. So you may also need setElementData as well, but there are other ways to do it without that. If you want to recreate the meter bar as well, probably dxDrawText and dxDrawRectangle will be also needed for your work. This is all I can think of right now.