Just a short question : ALT+Tabbing

xGj

What solution will be found on alt+tabbing? If it will be totally integrated in GTA:SA, you will be completely out of the chat if you alt+tab, or will there remain a little chatbox in the windows desktop?

Hope you can answer on this, keep up the good work :wink:

Having the external client thing was hugely missed for vcmp, and will be for Blue if there isnt one, people just come and chat if theyre doing something else, then play when they're done.

It's probably why there's so many clans in MTA too, i would miss it :(

But the way the client worked with API called memory hacking is nowhere near as efficient as in-process interpretation. The only reason the client existed was because it was ran as an external process. Why downgrade the quality, to create another exe and window that you have to have open to play.

Indeed outgame chat is a nice feature to have sometimes, but when it comes to quality, sometimes you have to comprimise.

its not really possible with the way GTA works, when MTA is loaded it only executes code while gta is executing code.... It's not really an option with the way MTA now interfaces with the game. Its just something that people will have to get used to.

Kent

its not really possible with the way GTA works, when MTA is loaded it only executes code while gta is executing code.... It's not really an option with the way MTA now interfaces with the game. Its just something that people will have to get used to.

Kent

Well, i guess we have to accept it then :(

I like it very much BLUE is such integrated in SA but if im working in windows I very often put on MTA, and talk in the server of the clan im in.

If it works like this, you have to totally quit the game to continue working which is quite nasty for me.

Good luck anyways

Kent

But how did you do it in MTA 0.x versions then? Was it different connecting with the game?

essentially yes...

the old client was a seperate executable that wrote to memory addresses within GTA..

the new client embeds itself into GTA and actually runs as a part of GTA..

the exe we will release does little more than inject a dll into GTA....

it relies on GTA running to do all of its work

essentially yes...

the old client was a seperate executable that wrote to memory addresses within GTA..

the new client embeds itself into GTA and actually runs as a part of GTA..

the exe we will release does little more than inject a dll into GTA....

it relies on GTA running to do all of its work

That sounds really good...

Ok I wont complain anymore :P It looks like a perfect normal multiplayer game now :D

• 1 month later...

In this case:

I've seen this similar in other games (in game; if you wanted to PM [ie. clan members/single person]) you could type something like:

/m

ie: /m XJC hey what's up?

- and it would send it to all members with XJC in their name with the message "hey what's up?" - seen in games like RtCW: Enemy Territory. That's a workaround from Alt+Tabbing to another chat client.

I didn't know that. :P

Also, there isn't a point to Alt+Tab in SA. It just would hog up a slot being afk and be cumbersome, if you're chatting in another program. Unless, perhaps, Xfire gains support for the program. Personally, I don't use Xfire, but that would work too with its screen overlay.

It would still be nice to alt tab. I had people that I wanted to chat with quick while I was dead in the game, and couldn't. Also, I wanted to set the affinaty on processor, and wasn't able to alt tab to do that either. Only thing that I did notice is that right now if you try to alt tab, windows will bring up the switcher, and what happens is the mta console isn't focused right and you can't use the mouse.

Only thing that I did notice is that right now if you try to alt tab, windows will bring up the switcher, and what happens is the mta console isn't focused right and you can't use the mouse.

You can hold down alt and press tab a certain amount of times for it to switch back to MTA and bring back focus.

Only thing that I did notice is that right now if you try to alt tab, windows will bring up the switcher, and what happens is the mta console isn't focused right and you can't use the mouse.

You can hold down alt and press tab a certain amount of times for it to switch back to MTA and bring back focus.

Yea, I was able to do that, but silly me as I launched the game with several programs still running, so I couldn't figure out which one was the right one. Also, don't ctrl alt del either, I think that really made it mad when I tried doing that. :o