Sign in to follow this  
TadMad

Apply shader to only one rear light

Recommended Posts

Hey, i'm trying to make an indicator system with shaders but if I replace the vehiclelightson128 shader it changes both rear lights.

What can I do for it not to apply to both?

 

Edited by TadMad

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, JustinMTA said:

Edit the DFF.

Indeed but to be more specific, @TadMad you could try applying 2 new 4x4 bitmaps to replace your indicator lights in any 3d software. (bitmap res doesn't matter, i just favor low .txd size)

In a test we did shade the Blinker bitmaps with a yellow color but you should get the point 😉

 

lFv14w4.png

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Tut said:

Indeed but to be more specific, @TadMad you could try applying 2 new 4x4 bitmaps to replace your indicator lights in any 3d software. (bitmap res doesn't matter, i just favor low .txd size)

In a test we did shade the Blinker bitmaps with a yellow color but you should get the point 😉

 

lFv14w4.png

But, how can I do that? do I need to replace all the vehicles dff files? can't I do it with shaders?

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, TadMad said:

But, how can I do that? do I need to replace all the vehicles dff files? can't I do it with shaders?

You would need to edit each vehicle you want the shader to work on.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, TadMad said:

But, how can I do that? do I need to replace all the vehicles dff files? can't I do it with shaders?

I'm fairly sure it's possible scripting wise by getting the faces on the model but that would require loads of research on MTA coding, so my best recommendation is find a IVF modpack or so that already has the stuff ready

Share this post


Link to post

Why not make it with marker corona close to vehicle and put aplha to 0 and 255 when use it? 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Dimos7 said:

Why not make it with marker corona close to vehicle and put aplha to 0 and 255 when use it? 

It won't look as cool as this decision.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.