[LF] Emerald Gaming - Roleplay Server Developer [Non-Paid]

9gHaAwk.jpg

LOOKING FOR DEVELOPERS

Are you a Lua programmer with experience in working on MTA:SA? Then we've got the perfect role for you! Emerald Gaming is searching for motivated developers to assist us in delivering high quality content to our community. This being quite a major task requires a skilled team of developers and that's where you come in!

You'll be tasked with working on minor and major components of our scripts, working in collaboration with Lead Managers and the Design Team directly.

Before applying for the position of a developer, you MUST meet the minimum requirements:

• Possess a minimum of six months experience working with the Lua language.
  • Have an in-depth understanding of MTA:SA server-sided and client-sided development.
  • Must be able to interpret and speak in fluent english.
  • Must be comfortable with following strict guidelines.
  • Must be comfortable working with deadlines.
  • Must be comfortable working within a team.
  • Must be comfortable working with other people's code.

Additional Preferred Skills:

• 2+ years of experience working with Lua and the MTA:SA API.
  • General understanding of Git and the usage of GitHub.
  • Basic understanding of MySQL and database usage.
  • Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
  • Acceptable level of interface design skills.
  • A working microphone and able to communicate over voice.
  • In the event your application is accepted, you will be asked to undergo a qualification test to provide examples of your knowledge in Lua and the MTA:SA functions library.

Do you meet all the requirements and beyond?
Great! Send in your application and help us shape one of the greatest roleplay communities MTA has seen!
You have me convinced, sign me up!

afIxWPq.png
Development Team
Emerald Gaming Community

Edited by Skully
On 03/09/2018 at 12:03, Forthwind said:

You're asking all these things from developers but you offer nothing in return. Do you really expect someone to join?

Yes, developers who code for the satisfaction and enjoyment of programming still exist. If you're not interested and are only in it for the money then feel free to move on.

Edited by Skully
On 08/09/2018 at 23:22, Skully said:

Yes, developers who code for the satisfaction and enjoyment of programming still exist. If you're not interested and are only in it for the money then feel free to move on.

Yeah, that still exists. But I don't understand why someone would put in so much time for someone else's project just for 'coding satisfaction', most scripters would then just work on their own projects or apply for a community that is already on their feet or something they like. I've seen many rp servers come to this forum section, ask absurd requirements from potential developers, offer nothing in return. Let me also answer how many players applied: 0

Good luck with finding someone tho.

Edited by Forthwind
On 08/09/2018 at 23:22, Skully said:

Developers who code for the satisfaction and enjoyment of programming still exist because all developers must feel satisfaction and enjoyment programming but the money it's an important field when working for someone.

On 10/09/2018 at 13:01, Forthwind said:

Yeah, that still exists. But I don't understand why someone would put in so much time for someone else's project just for 'coding satisfaction', most scripters would then just work on their own projects or apply for a community that is already on their feet or something they like. I've seen many rp servers come to this forum section, ask absurd requirements from potential developers, offer nothing in return. Let me also answer how many players applied: 0

Good luck with finding someone tho.

On 11/09/2018 at 01:56, Simplex said:

Developers who code for the satisfaction and enjoyment of programming still exist because all developers must feel satisfaction and enjoyment programming but the money it's an important field when working for someone.

I don't know if either of you have been a part of a team within a community but it follows the same principle as players being administrators or specific team members within servers, they do it completely voluntarily and expect nothing in return apart from the statuated position that they receive. You become an administrator if you want to assist players and uphold a position to assist a community in striving, and developers do the same by writing code and seeing their work being used in a live environment.

We're not searching for developers that we're going to just throw under the bus and fire workload at, it's an opportunity to work within a team and create a whole environment. Sure there isn't many developers left out there who don't work for money but this advertisement is targeted towards the few that are interested in not just programming, but who want to get involved in aiding a community and being a part of it. There's no harm in us trying.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/09/2018 at 19:27, Skully said:

I don't know if either of you have been a part of a team within a community but it follows the same principle as players being administrators or specific team members within servers, they do it completely voluntarily and expect nothing in return apart from the statuated position that they receive. You become an administrator if you want to assist players and uphold a position to assist a community in striving, and developers do the same by writing code and seeing their work being used in a live environment.

We're not searching for developers that we're going to just throw under the bus and fire workload at, it's an opportunity to work within a team and create a whole environment. Sure there isn't many developers left out there who don't work for money but this advertisement is targeted towards the few that are interested in not just programming, but who want to get involved in aiding a community and being a part of it. There's no harm in us trying.

You can't compare programming to being Administrator or Moderator or any kind of that stuff from gaming community. That's literally whole new category of work. That literally takes almost 0 effort and time comparing to programming. That's why people do it for free, not asking anything else in return than other that status. By judging off of these requirements what you've put on. I can say with ease, that you trying to milk someone without anything in return. You basically ask someone to make a project for you without giving anything in return. As people said above, don't expect to find anyone.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2018 at 06:41, Fist said:

You can't compare programming to being Administrator or Moderator or any kind of that stuff from gaming community. That's literally whole new category of work. That literally takes almost 0 effort and time comparing to programming. That's why people do it for free, not asking anything else in return than other that status. By judging off of these requirements what you've put on. I can say with ease, that you trying to milk someone without anything in return. You basically ask someone to make a project for you without giving anything in return. As people said above, don't expect to find anyone.

See my previous response:

On 08/09/2018 at 22:22, Skully said:

If you don't see it that way I do, then I respect your perspective - this topic is to catch the eye of those who are looking to get their hands on a new project - there is no harm or fault in trying.