Custom Animations Question

Dretax

I have been loading new animations into the game without any problems so far, and handling them nicely.

Everything seems to be working out well sofar but one thing.

Here you can see the player running with the M4. Now the normal SetPedWalkingStyle doesn't allow that (0), so back in the days I change the player's SetPedWalkingStyle to 128 to allow him running with a weapon. But this sort of animation doesn't seem to be making It available nor for 0 or 128. I even tried going through almost all of the SetPedWalkingStyle IDs without luck.

Any ideas what did I miss when ONLY the actual running with M4 doesn't work?

2 minutes ago, JeViCo said:

it isn't a walking style. 

muscular.ifp provides it. Replacing this ifp + CJ skin + setPedStat (23-rd stat) + value 1000 and you'll get that animations

@Dretax

muscular.ifp? You mean the default GTA animation? I will try setting the stats in a couple of minutes to see what happens

Just now, Dretax said:

muscular.ifp? You mean the default GTA animation? I will try setting the stats in a couple of minutes to see what happens

it won't affect on animation now. Download this animation and replace with original. I downloaded them from another video

2 minutes ago, Dretax said:

So just simply replace the contained animations inside it, and It will allow the usage?

replace it, change skin to CJ and paste setPedStat(localPlayer,23,1000) (it is client-side now but you can make it server-side anytime)

Edited by JeViCo
4 minutes ago, Dretax said:

Which animation names?

Look. Player is standing, running, crouching. Muscular and normal animations are almost same but their nameы differ. I can't find normal ones in ped category. It might help you too (sorry if you can't understand me ^_^ )

Edited by JeViCo
6 minutes ago, JeViCo said:

yes. If you can find similar player animations, you can avoid skin change

Well those are the animation names that are inside the muscle.ifp weren't you needing those?

I will test what you have told me though soon, and I will see if i can research anything.

10 hours ago, Dretax said:

Well those are the animation names that are inside the muscle.ifp weren't you needing those?

Those animations are visible only when ped's muscle stat has 1000 value. You can change this stat only when you're using CJ skin.

2 hours ago, JeViCo said:

Those animations are visible only when ped's muscle stat has 1000 value. You can change this stat only when you're using CJ skin.

Ahha. Welp, the question is if the stats itself are restricted within GTA, or is restricted by MTA only.

If the last is true, then an MTA C module could handle It probably.

First of all, you should have clarified from the beginning that you're talking about sprinting. I was under the impression "run" means "run", not "sprint".

Now, I have never heard of being able to sprint with an M4 in SA with the muscular animations (or any other armed animations for that matter). I have just tried it and you can't sprint as CJ with or without 1000 muscle stat or whatever. It's not possible, unless you change the walking style into something other than armed animation sets). Indeed, there is literally no animation for sprinting with a two-handed weapon within the muscular animation set.

You can use a different walking style and override (with engineReplaceAnimation) whatever you need. If you need original animations of muscular style, you need to extract them and put them into your custom ifp to use for engineReplaceAnimation (unfortunately it seems engineReplaceAnimation doesn't allow for redirecting default anims to other default anims. Perhaps that might be a good suggestion/issue to open).

Just now, MrTasty said:

First of all, you should have clarified from the beginning that you're talking about sprinting. I was under the impression "run" means "run", not "sprint".

Now, I have never heard of being able to sprint with an M4 in SA with the muscular animations (or any other armed animations for that matter). I have just tried it and you can't sprint as CJ with or without 1000 muscle stat or whatever. It's not possible, unless you change the walking style into something other than armed animation sets). Indeed, there is literally no animation for sprinting with a two-handed weapon within the muscular animation set.

You can use a different walking style and override (with engineReplaceAnimation) whatever you need. If you need original animations of muscular style, you need to extract them and put them into your custom ifp to use for engineReplaceAnimation (unfortunately it seems engineReplaceAnimation doesn't allow for redirecting default anims to other default anims. Perhaps that might be a good suggestion/issue to open).

"It IS RELATED. It is a solution that could solve the issue.
The running animation cannot be used hence It requires the player's skill to be 1000 to run with an M4.
I used setPedAnimation to obviously allow the players to run with a weapon, but only then the running animation won't trigger.
This is something I thought could be the easiest way to resolve the issue."

• Confused 1
18 minutes ago, MrTasty said:

You don't need the skill to be 1000. It's enough to change walking style to 56 and you basically have exactly the same animations you'd get with 1000 muscle stat CJ. Sprinting still doesn't work, just it doesn't work with CJ on 1000 stat.

Its a point that you have the animation. Sprinting is required inorder to make it work.

22 minutes ago, Saml1er said:

Let's break it down:

Forget walking styles, stats, and everything else. You just want to play the weapon animation when you sprint with weapons like M4 as shown in the video, right?

Yes. Same as loading a simple animation but have the running effect too.

Edited by Dretax
30 minutes ago, Saml1er said:

Okay. Do not set any walking styles. Just start this resource and move with a weapon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uvGey2YBxPPGfq2nC-0OSXJImrLrRO47/view?usp=sharing

cdbufOr.png

Alright, well my code exactly does that.

Tried yours. Here is what's happenin:

I keep pressing space, but it just turns back how it was, not allowing me to run with the weapon.

Edited by Dretax