[Blog] Internal beta 15 released to QA team (by eAi)

Brophy

Today, we release beta 15 to our Quality Assurance (QA) team.

This beta fixes two crashes that occurred in limited situations - one with only some maps with many objects on, another only for some players. ChrML also spent quite some time going through the code checking for memory leaks (which are when we start using memory but don't tell the system we've stopped using it, and are consequently bad) and optimizing code. We've still got some work to do in this area. Oli also has been working on various things, such as adding passwords for servers and fixing a few admin bugs that have been found - as he mentioned in the previous post, everything is looking good in the admin area. In total, this beta release fixed 15 issues, and as far as I'm aware, we've had no crashes reported in it. We've still got a few unfixed crashes reported from previous versions, but it’s quite likely that these have been fixed already by other fixes.

We're really happy with how its looking - we've got parts to polish up, some optimizing and one area that needs working on quite a bit.

Not that I like mentioning things like this, but can I just point out that if you're not interested in these posts, you don't need to tell us not to make them. Even if these make just one person happy, or more informed (or both!), that’s good

Ed