[Help] Problems with closing server

C0sta

Question

Hi, when I turn off the server; wether it is using shutdown via console IG or on the server console, it begins the process but gets to the point of "Closing SQLite3 database..." and doesn't do anything. I cannot close the server AT ALL, even with task manager or anything. The only solution is to completely restart my PC and its getting completely irritating. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be much appreciated. 

5 answers to this question

That's odd, first time I see this. Maybe it's a permission issue? Check if the permissions for registry.db and internal.db are set correctly and the account that the server is running under has full permissions for those files. You could also try running the server as an administrator.

You also mentioned that you are unable to close the server and have to restart your PC, are you trying to only 'end the task' or are you actually trying to kill the process? Because there is no reason why the latter shouldn't work.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MIKI785 said:

That's odd, first time I see this. Maybe it's a permission issue? Check if the permissions for registry.db and internal.db are set correctly and the account that the server is running under has full permissions for those files. You could also try running the server as an administrator.

You also mentioned that you are unable to close the server and have to restart your PC, are you trying to only 'end the task' or are you actually trying to kill the process? Because there is no reason why the latter shouldn't work.

Running the server as administrator fixes the problem, thanks. 

e: I also deleted registry.db and integrity.db before starting the server again.

Edited by C0sta
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

I see that you are running a really outdated server version (1.5.4-9.11324.0) at the time of posting this and also during your last response, your MTA client version is out of sync with the local server version. You should try with the latest update;

Uninstall MTA completely, delete it's install folder manually (in Program Files or eventually the custom server folder location). After doing so, perform a clean re-install with https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/?mtasa-1.5-rc-latest and also tick all of the MTA server components. Alternatively you can install server to a desktop folder separately, as your Program Files root directory may have (inherited) folder security issues.

It will possibly be resolved through the myriad of updates server has received in the meanwhile, aswell as a new SQLite version (although it's unlikely to have been a dependency issue in the first place.. you never know) so it's also worth first trying to just update without any of the above clean installation steps.

Note: after taking these steps, rightclick the server launcher (MTA Server.exe), go to compatibility and tick "Run as Administrator" and the same in another view: "Change settings for all users". Preferably do this before running server for the first time.

@C0sta

• Like 1