MTA crash problem

Tank13

Question

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ccw said:

Many of the crashes might be caused by customized models\particle.txd

Try removing all GTA mods

I got the crashes (same offset) even before I installed custom models\particle.txd

1 hour ago, Dutchman101 said:

All of your recent crashes are offset 0x002FEC20 which is related to GTA engine loading/handling roadsigns.

I suspect that your GTA installation contains modded roadsigns, please re-install with a clean GTA (not pre-modded).

@Tank13

Yes, that is true. 99% of crashes always return that offset. At this point I'd like to ask if there is a chance I might be able to instal the original/default roadsigns (not modded) rather than having to re-install a new GTA version and if yes where are they located exactly? gta3.img or somewhere esle ( I can manage with such things)?

And thanks both for the very fast replies

Edited by Tank13
On 11/8/2018 at 00:20, Dutchman101 said:

All of your recent crashes are offset 0x002FEC20 which is related to GTA engine loading/handling roadsigns.

I suspect that your GTA installation contains modded roadsigns, please re-install with a clean GTA (not pre-modded).

@Tank13

Well I just replaced the gta3.img with a fresh new one (not modded) and my game crashed again twice. Tho I must say thats way better than the usual 10 crashes I had each day

On 11/08/2018 at 00:20, ccw said:

Many of the crashes might be caused by customized models\particle.txd

On 11/08/2018 at 00:20, Dutchman101 said:

Both you gents are absolutely correct, I was using a modded particle.txd and after replacing the "roadsignfont" PNG with the default I no longer have experienced any crashes related to that offset, as a matter of fact no crashes whatsover.

Reason why I was using a modded particle.txd was simply cause it promised better FPS. How little I knew tho. I have been able to login more that 50 times already without a problem so its safe to say that my problem is solved. Like to thank both you gents once again.