Blip

Leo Messi

Hello, I want help in something

for example I created the a map just like F11, once I click on any place on the map it will create a blip on the x, y of the position I choosed, I tried but didn't work..

-- WINDOW is created but it's useless so I removed it from this code.

map = guiCreateStaticImage(10, 25, 700, 685, "map.png", false, window)    

-- I CREATED Command handler of opening the gui, etc.

function createDest()
 if source ~= map then return end
 if isElement(blipImg) then
  destroyElement(blipImg)
  outputChatBox(getPlayerName(localPlayer).." has removed the group destination.", 0, 255, 0)
  return
 end
 local x, y, worldx, worldy, worldz = getCursorPosition()
 local x2, y2 = guiGetPosition(source, false)
 if worldx == x2 and worldy == y2 then
 outputChatBox(x)
 outputChatBox(y)
 blipImg = createBlip(x, y, 10, 3,  2, 255, 0, 0, 255, 0)
 end
end
addEventHandler("onClientGUIDoubleClick", guiRoot, createDest)

What is this supposed to do?

Seems like your code requires that world position clicked on using the cursor is exactly the same as the X and Y screen positions of the GUI element clicked.

Here's a tip: if something doesn't work - try adding other debug outputs to see the flow control in action - so that you can easily tell if and which flow branch failed, as I can see you only gave yourself a debug output only at the point of success but not at points of potential failure.

At this point I think it's also worth pointing out that getCursorPosition world absolutes are related to what the cursor actually points at in the viewport, not on a map image - for the latter, you need to do manual calculations to convert screen position to a range between 0 and 1 of the map image, and then scale it up to world scale (6000x6000 meters) to get the world position indicated by the cursor click on a map image.

Edited by MrTasty
On 8/4/2018 at 13:37, MrTasty said:

What is this supposed to do?

Seems like your code requires that world position clicked on using the cursor is exactly the same as the X and Y screen positions of the GUI element clicked.

Here's a tip: if something doesn't work - try adding other debug outputs to see the flow control in action - so that you can easily tell if and which flow branch failed, as I can see you only gave yourself a debug output only at the point of success but not at points of potential failure.

At this point I think it's also worth pointing out that getCursorPosition world absolutes are related to what the cursor actually points at in the viewport, not on a map image - for the latter, you need to do manual calculations to convert screen position to a range between 0 and 1 of the map image, and then scale it up to world scale (6000x6000 meters) to get the world position indicated by the cursor click on a map image.

Can't you give me an example?

You want an example of how to calculate position on a 2D map image? Well, you'll want something like this:

local pos
pos = ((cursorPos-mapPos)/mapSize) -- calculate cursor pos relative to map image
pos = pos - Vector2(0.5,0.5) -- change range from 0–1 to -0.5–0.5 so (0,0) is in the center rather than top left corner
pos = pos * 6000 -- scale it by map size in meters

-- this is equivalent to
local pos = ((((cursorPos-mapPos)/mapSize)-Vector2(0.5,0.5))*6000

cursorPos, mapPos and mapSize should be of type Vector2, absolute values used for testing but should work with relatives too. Resulting pos is also a Vector2.

This will probably require changes if you want to use it for a zoomed-in section of the map.

Edited by MrTasty
On 8/5/2018 at 04:57, MrTasty said:

You want an example of how to calculate position on a 2D map image? Well, you'll want something like this:

local pos
pos = ((cursorPos-mapPos)/mapSize) -- calculate cursor pos relative to map image
pos = pos - Vector2(0.5,0.5) -- change range from 01 to -0.50.5 so (0,0) is in the center rather than top left corner
pos = pos * 6000 -- scale it by map size in meters

-- this is equivalent to
local pos = ((((cursorPos-mapPos)/mapSize)-Vector2(0.5,0.5))*6000

cursorPos, mapPos and mapSize should be of type Vector2, absolute values used for testing but should work with relatives too. Resulting pos is also a Vector2.

This will probably require changes if you want to use it for a zoomed-in section of the map.

Thank you, I already done it.

Thanks bro.