Im new and I got a question. **RElating Blue**

Guest skeg

I dont know any coding and im 16 years old I really want to learn and help the comuninty building mods and just learn the basics of what i would have to learn to get started. Please dont trash on me I just dont know and I'm a n00b just want to find out how hard and what it takes and where i could get some information or the programs/teachings i could get thanks. Your responce is greatly appreciated. :D

If you know absolutely nothing, then a good place to start would be a simple language like mirc or php, i found going from scripting to c++ fairly simple.

There are loads of sites with tutorials, just google it :wink: But finding someone who knows it and getting them to help you get started over msn might be easier, you can't ask a tutorial a question :P

..good luck!

I personally don't like doing lots of tutorials as they tell you lots of things that you will probably never use. My strategy would be to do a couple of tutorials to gain an idea of the basic format of the code and then research topics specific to what I wanted to achieve in the mod.

Im a pretty quick learner im in advance classes in school around how long would it take me from start of the learning process to actually making any type of mod "im speaking of C++ btw" :?: I know basic HTML if that helps.

• 1 month later...

We use C++ and x86 Assembly

the assembly it used for the low level GTA interfacing code

C++ was chosen because game design is done using an object oriented approach, and as such, since our mod wraps around GTA, it needs to be designed that way too.

In Blue V1 (before one of the rewrites) the SDK was compatible with C, but we soon realized that the SDK was getting very ugly. It was much easier to organize our code using an object oriented approach.

Kent