Unscanned and ten second time out

hairyspider

Hi, when i update the server list for the first time all the server names read "unscanned" with 0 players in the server. If I try to connect to a server it just says ten second time out. Can anyone help please? I have tried clicking refresh as suggested by osmeone else but still get the same result

0.5 Server Browser (12/10/2005 @ 04:33 CET) by Blokker_1999

As some have noticed MTA′s in-clinet server browser is no longer functional. This is due to the fact that Yahoo! has taken the udpsoft.com website offline and removed all of it′s subdomains. Therefore the server browser can no longer locate ASE′s master server.

We do not know if we will release a new client for this small error but there is a workaround for it.

- Start notepad or any other text editor

- Open the file "%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" ,without the ". you need to be an administrator for this.

- add the following : 68.142.232.33 master.udpsoft.com

- save the file and close the editor

• MTA Team

Tools -> Options -> Games -> Non-Installed games -> Multi Theft Auto

(might be in installed games too though)

Set 'visible in filter list', 'player name' and 'Program location' (to your path to mtaclient.exe).

Then click on GTA3:MTA or MTA:VC (do NOT choose the version and do not choose Vice City/Vice City Stunt), and click on 'refresh'.

Depends what servers you are clicking on, some might be old versions like 0.3 and under which means the cilent will not load therefore you cannot play on that server because you are using a different version etc.

When you chose the server, double click on the server and then the 0.5 cilent should load then click " connect "..