[HELP] Custom maps route on radar (minimap)

koragg

Hey there, been a while since I worked on MTA but decided I'd look around for a way to make this happen since I'm in summer vacation now. Here goes:

Is there a way to show the route of custom maps which are not made on the default GTA SA map but somewhere in the sea and just consist of airport roads and such? I found a topic from 6 years ago which seems to be about what I'm looking for, or at least the first post in it surely is: 

As you see, I want to draw lines or in some way show where the road is on these custom maps as it's pretty unfair when people who've played the map hundreds of times know every single turn by hard but the average player keeps hitting trees, falling in the water, etc as there is no radar (it only shows water since that's where the custom map is located at) for them to look at as there is on normal city maps. I don't think there's such a resource already made but if there is, a link to it would be welcomed. Otherwise some ideas and code snippets (or complete code xd) are also welcomed.

2 hours ago, Pirulax said:

Hm, for this i would use the object_preview resource, that would help you a lot.
Nah, it doesnt look that good, but its better than nothing, isn't it?

Yup, I don't mind even if it's super ugly. I prefer function over fashion :P Will take a look, thanks. Also the default 'gps' resource might help.

I tried the "gps" default resource as well as a 3rd party one, but they both draw lines only using gta sa default map roads. Idk how to make it work with custom roads, as was the OP from the topic I linked's suggestion. :\