[News] 0.5 Server Browser by Blokker_1999

Blokker_1999

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive also been told by lots of team members they dont plan to release blue for gta3 at this stage.

so my suggestion is, scrap 0.5.x for VC and release a gta3 only version, using the old core to its maximum potential. VC can always eventually have blue

I agree, since there won't be a GTA 3 Blue (yet). At least do this after release 1 of the race mod.

its odd how you equate not caring about the community with not releasing an update for this easily fixed problem. do you honestly think you can pressure them into releasing a new mta simply by stating that they must hate us if they don't?

just adjust yer host file and stop trying to manipulate people smarter than you, yer not good at it.

please. i didnt ask for a new release (knowing full well that they've abandoned the project), i simply asked for a patched release. the hosts file fix obviously works, but without a patched version, its absolutely inevitable that the questions will flow into the boards quickly. it would take far less time to release a patched version of mta then to answer this question as it pops up again and again and again.

considering the small amount of time it would take to make this happen, i think to not do it would be to make the statement that they dont care about the abandoned projects. its highly certain that they wont patch, and will effectively convey this point.

it brings a wide smile to my face to see that i have caused you to think i engaged in some battle of wits with these guys without having had tried in the slightest. thanks for the compliment! i cant imagine what would happen if i put some effort into that!

As some have noticed MTA's in-clinet server browser is no longer functional. This is due to the fact that Yahoo! has taken the udpsoft.com website offline and removed all of it's subdomains. Therefore the server browser can no longer locate ASE's master server.

We do not know if we will release a new client for this small error but there is a workaround for it.

- Start notepad or any other text editor

- Open the file "%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" ,without the ". you need to be an administrator for this.

- add the following : 68.142.232.33 master.udpsoft.com

- save the file and close the editor

I'm fairly new to all this online play, and stumbled across this by miracle, but now it won't list any servers so therefore i can no longer play. The message above was the only help i could find but ive searched everywhere and dont seem to have that file on my computer. So my question is, is there anything i can do or is it just fubar??? As i really liked it and am getting withdrawls!!!!"

your problem may stem from the beginning part of the dir.

"%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" actually would be "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" for most people. hope that helps.

Cheers mate you've been an absolute saviour as i'm now up and running again, thanks for being so quick and making it easy to understand, Laters.

Zircon revealed in the ULK IRC that 0.5.x was actually complete. So why didn't you (MTA Team) just release what you did?

I don't remember saying that, but most of the obvious glitches were fixed (the stubby's weapon settings and the crusader armor bug, for example). There was also a class system similiar to GTA3: MTA in place, but it needed a lot of work.

Purchasing weapons from AmmuNation had not been implemented, most of the weapons were still unbalanced, a huge desync problem was present (as Oli said), and I'm certain they weren't planning on fixing this, but 0.5.5 was just as laggy as its predecessor due to the same method of packet encryption, which was broken months ago anyhow.

This was also around the time most of the team shifted over to the Blue core, leaving hardly anyone to continue the work of 0.5.5. With MrBump and trx are gone, I'm guessing that leaves no one now.

Personally, I think if the team would just release 0.3 under the name of 0.5.5 (or even 0.6), MTA: VC would be a lot better off than it is at the moment.

But it's more likely that a new release under the old core just isn't going to happen, so these requests are really going nowhere.

Roll on Blue. :)

Just a few things, then you can lock it :wink:

First of all, many things were tried to fix the biggest problem in MTA:VC, the desynchronisation. I've rewritten the entire scm twice, and tweaked the code numerous times to adress the problem, but it the bug stayed persistent. This bug is in direct relation to the random crashes which plagued MTA:VC from the start. Fixing the crash would produce desynch, which is exactly what happened with 0.5. This does not become apparent quickly when you test with 4~5 people, and most of the work (and research) for 0.5 had been put into the GTA3 side. This is something most people do not know or realise. Although the bug was caused by the scm, there was no apparent way to fix that big bug in 0.5 without rewriting (parts of) the client as well, something the client developers were reluctant to do since they were in fact already (re) writing the entire client (BLUE). There would have been an update for 0.5 if we had been able to guarantee less bug/issues. Just fixing the armor bug and adding (some really cool ,btw :wink: ) features would not have done the gameplay experience any good, and would probably not be welcomed at all before the real issues had been resolved.

and btw: I'm not gone, just inactive untill I can work on gamemodes for the blue platform. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm bumping this topic for the sake that the ASE Master Server has been permanently shut down and no longer exists. Is there any way we can figure out a new way to update it, even third-party? It's relevant to this topic, so whether or not this topic is 4 years old, the discussion needs to be re-opened.

I'm bumping this topic for the sake that the ASE Master Server has been permanently shut down and no longer exists. Is there any way we can figure out a new way to update it, even third-party? It's relevant to this topic, so whether or not this topic is 4 years old, the discussion needs to be re-opened.

Would you stop spamming the whole forum with posts and threads that lead to the same thing. The MTA team have already made it clear that for now they have no intentions for GTA III/VC till after MTA:SA 1.0, then the'll think about it but till then have patience instead of spamming the forums.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not spamming the forums, and my posts are allowed. Yes, I know what they said about it. That doesn't mean it can't be discussed, especially by users themselves in the event that GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC is open-sourced. The forum is not locked, and no one says I can't post about it. If anything your post would be a "spam" post more than my own. I'm on-topic with the discussion here.

I'm not spamming the forums, and my posts are allowed. Yes, I know what they said about it. That doesn't mean it can't be discussed, especially by users themselves in the event that GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC is open-sourced. The forum is not locked, and no one says I can't post about it. If anything your post would be a "spam" post more than my own. I'm on-topic with the discussion here.

If you don't call that spam then what do you call going round the forum, creating threads or posting comments ALL leading to the SAME topic! Just leave a thread open and discuss it there but don't annoy everyone.