[News] 0.5 Server Browser by Blokker_1999

Blokker_1999

• MTA Team

EDIT by Towncivilian: This fix no longer works (and hasn't for something like 5 years, anyway).

As some have noticed MTA's in-clinet server browser is no longer functional. This is due to the fact that Yahoo! has taken the udpsoft.com website offline and removed all of it's subdomains. Therefore the server browser can no longer locate ASE's master server.

We do not know if we will release a new client for this small error but there is a workaround for it.

- Start notepad or any other text editor

- Open the file "%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" ,without the ". you need to be an administrator for this.

- add the following : 68.142.232.33 master.udpsoft.com

- save the file and close the editor

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well i guess no update expected which we are getting used to as u guys clearly said that soon a fix for bugs for mta 0.5 will be out which was like i think 3 months back or so.

Well u dont need to mention this line no more " We do not know if we will release a new client for this small error but there is a workaround for it. "

Everyone knows that nothing/ no update will be done. Save some lines :lol::lol:

• MTA Team

which one of these would you want:

1. a new release of 0.5.x, which will be still crashing and will contain unfixable bugs due to old core

or

2. stable, synced & nearly ideal release of MTASA's race mod, and after that DM/other modes?

Recent videos show that its worth to wait for it :P

which one of these would you want:

1. a new release of 0.5.x, which will be still crashing and will contain unfixable bugs due to old core

or

2. stable, synced & nearly ideal release of MTASA's race mod, and after that DM/other modes?

Recent videos show that its worth to wait for it :P

I just hope that after the first release of MTASA or whatever, that the MTA Team would consider a quick fixup of MTA 0.5.x

The main problem with the 0.5 project is that the code base is very very messy/difficult to work with. BLUE is well structured and easy to get around, whereas its very hard to do anything in 0.5 at present. That and our SCM coder, trx, is busy with things in real life at present, which would make an update much harder too.

Once BLUE is done and released u'll see why the 0.5 side of things just isnt worth working on any more.

i wont be surprised if there is no update for this flaw.

right here, right now is where the endless stream of "how do i browse..." starts.

what the mta crew choose to do with this flaw (quite major when you think of it) will be a glimpse into just how they feel about the playerbase:

no patch = we just move on to whatever project makes us "look good"

patch = we care about the playerbase and the forum jockeys from having to go through all the heartbreak not having a patch will cause

let me make this clear: no amount of stickies on the forum, or anywhere will make up for not patching this problem with a direct new release. we know you've abandoned the mtavc/III project, but humor us, please?

its odd how you equate not caring about the community with not releasing an update for this easily fixed problem. do you honestly think you can pressure them into releasing a new mta simply by stating that they must hate us if they don't?

just adjust yer host file and stop trying to manipulate people smarter than you, yer not good at it.

I don't see it as a major problem, as people managed well enough with an external server browser in versions prior to 0.5.

There's always Game Monitor anyway:

http://www.game-monitor.com/GameSearch/mta/

Yes sir ur right . Thats why i never used the mta server browser ever cause there is EYE to download and use , and i was expecting something bad to come to the mta community , so i have kinda lost faith into mta team that they will even make mta blue , cause by the time they do probably another version of gta (maybe ) will be out and than probably mta team will say we are now working on new project for new game version and so on..... its better to fix old flaws before proceding to new projects...

I think they've flogged the 0.3 core to death now. They probably want to see the last of it as soon as possible. More time spent on MTA:SA means a VC Blue release is closer.

Thats true, but a lot of people are sick of MTA 0.5, and want a quick update before or after MTASA. Some people can't even get GTASA because they might be in povo, or can't get enough cash to buy it; they might have GTAIII or GTAVC though and have played MTA 0.5 out to death and want a fix up. They might have seen the MTA 0.5.x changes in thouse screenshots on the 0.5 page and thought to themselves, "Wow, I wish they put that in 0.5. Too bad the team is working on MTASA at the moment..".

Thats why i never used the mta server browser ever cause there is EYE to download and use

Yeah, me too. I always recommend people on other forums to use the EYE Client instead of the implemented 0.5 one. I think its unstable

• MTA Team
i wont be surprised if there is no update for this flaw.

right here, right now is where the endless stream of "how do i browse..." starts.

Dunno what you're on. They've posted on how you can resolve it, same as in previous flaw (that motd.txt server one), and you're whining that there's no update for it?

what the mta crew choose to do with this flaw (quite major when you think of it) will be a glimpse into just how they feel about the playerbase:

no patch = we just move on to whatever project makes us "look good"

patch = we care about the playerbase and the forum jockeys from having to go through all the heartbreak not having a patch will cause

As above, posted workaround is some kind of a patch for MTA, because it FIXES the problem.

let me make this clear: no amount of stickies on the forum, or anywhere will make up for not patching this problem with a direct new release. we know you've abandoned the mtavc/III project, but humor us, please?

Heh, I'll repeat my question:

What game would you like to play?

a) 0.5.x, built on OLD code, which is buggy, which WILL be crashing and WILL have some unfixable/unchangeable aspects of gameplay

or

b) MTA Blue, being made first for San Andreas, then for VC, on the technical side nearly ideal (every crash can be resolved; MTA is running within GTA etc.) which will allow to do something nice with the gameplay.

I would choose b), no matter how long it would take, and I wouldn't worry about the time it would take - there's enough other games to try ;)

It wasnt complete.. there was a nasty desync bug which trx and I couldnt work out how to fix.. and it was very hard to localise whether it was an SCM error or a client error. This couldnt continue once trx left, hence since then no one has really worked on it and we have concentrated soley on blue.

Its a shame you people seem to think releaseing a patch for both the server and client is an easy thing.. it actually takes more time than ud think, and right now we are simply too busy with mtasa to dedicate the time to 0.5.x

• MTA Team

TooCrooked, i don't like your tone on this forum. But let me specify something. The problem with the 0.5 server browser is located in the ASE lib which is closed source for us. We have mailed the ASE developers and asked them about this issue but it is NOT something we can fix ourselves.

We already informed people that there is a problem, what the problem is and we have given a workaround to fix it. At this moment there is nothing more we can do.

About 0.5.5 : the gta3 specific part has been mostly finished, the VC part and the common part are not and require a lot of work to get fixed again. We could work on it but that would delay MTA:SA R1. And i think that at this moment more people are interested in MTA:SA R1 then a patched 0.5. Also a patched 0.5 would mean we would have to release a new server as well and at that moment everyone is required to upgrade while only a few people really have a problem with this.

And as stated above. People who are not willing to make a simple change to the host file can use game-monitor or ASE