Race Preview

I have an idea for the next release of the race mod that would be a really great feature to have. In Burnout 3 when you play crash mode there is a short clip before the round starts where the camera pans over your route to give you an idea of where you are going. I think this same method would work very well in MTA if each player got a quick runthrough clip of the route of the upcomming race so they have some idea of what to expect and where to go. What do you guys think of this?

I can see how this might get annoying if you have played the race sevral times. Maybe in the vote process there could be some option to request a preview. Also even if it were to play at the beging of every race it would only be like 30 seconds or so depending on the length of the route.

• 2 weeks later...

the server administrator could have an option to have the preview or not. and maybe speed for that..

Or then there would be a topdown view of the race in the beginning of the race, (like in some loading screen) and a topdown map could be in some corner of the game screen, like in almost every racing game...