Player count, world restrictions? BS and stuff....

Should the MTA team release SA blue next tuesday so I can play it at a convienient time for me?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should the MTA team release SA blue next tuesday so I can play it at a convienient time for me?

• Hell yeah!
    • YES! But screw you gamebro! I want it for myself!
    • Maybe they should, and maybe they shouldn't.
    • No, I like dreaming about playing more then actually playing.

Hello everyone, been a long time....

I have been playing GTAT (SA multiplayer mod) but quit after a server crash deleted files that were needed to play :shock: (sooooo unstable in it's alpha state)

I am ready for something a bit more........ Ready.... And looking at the latest MTA SA videos, I feel that this mod is about ready! Good job to the MTA team , I have to admit that MTA SA is shaping up to be the dominate SA multiplayer mod, all thanks to the excellent blue core.

1--

I know I could do a search blah blah blah, but spare me the time of searching for outdated news..... What is the current (estimated) max player count? Any rough ideas? I won't be mad if it is low, or high :D

2--

Will the first release of SA MTA have a mode that just lets us drive freely about the entire SA world unrestricted?

3--

And the most important question--- Will the first release of SA blue, crash constantly like,,,, well, that other mod does..... Or will it be stable enough to play for more then 5 minutes at a time?

I'll understand if this one gets locked.... If locked, I am sure you'll say something like--- "we don't want a flame war between MTA and GTAT blah blah blah" but hey dudes! I am not here to do that!

GTAT has my support, as they have a good thing going, it just needs a lot of work yet is all :wink: I want them to keep working hard on it, as there is nothing wrong with variety and competition.

It is only in ((MY)) opinion, that MTA is going to dominate. 8)

PS.=== If you could release MTA SA next tuesday at around 3:30 PM, just after I wake up, that would be really great for me. :lol: ..... Ok,,, I am gona start running now, before you frag my a$$ :P

• MTA Team
1--

I know I could do a search blah blah blah, but spare me the time of searching for outdated news..... What is the current (estimated) max player count? Any rough ideas? I won't be mad if it is low, or high :D

This is still not settled.

3--

And the most important question--- Will the first release of SA blue, crash constantly like,,,, well, that other mod does..... Or will it be stable enough to play for more then 5 minutes at a time?

Afaik, currently there is 1 or 2 major, and some minor crashes in MTASA, that are being researched. They're NOT random, they occur after a certain thing happen/appear/etc.

Many of the previous crashes were discovered and fixed though. :) There is a huge increase of stability in b10, if we look at b1 now.

#1, this will most likely depend on what gamemode the server is running. As it is now we haven't coded a player limit into the race mod, (i think 255 would be the natural limit due to how our netcode works) But i doubt this number will be that high in release. We're probably going to decide a limit shortly before release, I can guarantee itll be at least 32... maybe more (not sure tbh)

#3, we are looking for 1 last crash, after thats fixed, it seems to be crash free. Then we just have some tweaks and packaging to do.

Kent

LOL! :lol:

MTA SA, sounds great! I am dieing for stability here, and it is already wednesday! The time for releasing MTA SA at a convienient time for me is over. :cry:

I shall now suffer knowing that I will never again have such a perfect moment as I did today, ooooooohh the wasted hours......

Now when it is released I will only have 8 hours max at any one time to devote to it :cry: It is just not fair. See yesterday I could have played for 10! Instead I had to play doom 3 all day, waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh :cry:

I'll forgive the MTA team for not releasing MTA SA for me yesterday, but ONLY if in the first release, will we be able to get semi trucks WITH attached trailors! I really wana race em! Kinda like that BIG MUTHA TRUCKERS game :D

but ONLY if in the first release, will we be able to get semi trucks WITH attached trailors! I really wana race em! Kinda like that BIG MUTHA TRUCKERS game :D

Wow, thats a choice idea! Big Mutha Truckers was a cool game :D

Hell yeah! And driving those rigs up the mountain in the redneck section of SA with an attachment is my second most favorite thing to do.. My first is driving them down :shock:

Now if only I could spawn a train up there and drive it off the edge.... hmmm :P

By the way, doom 3 was a very scary game, and I died many times while playing through it. I feel just aweful after completing it, and the MTA team can make ME feel better by releasing MTA SA sometime in the next 48 hours. COMON!! I need my fix! I want MTA SA soo bad that when I am at work I see ATM machines reflected into windows to read MTA!!!! IT IS dRIVING ME MAD!!! :twisted: