My trail and error run! Fun! *Bugs/Suggestions List*

First off, great job. It was everything I excepted.

Next we need to discuss current bugs and minor issues that I have found myself, and other users seem to be having.

Bugs:

1. Windows 98 compatibility (unsure what's holding that up)

- runs fine on Windows 2000 and XP

2. Lag. I know everyone has different view on this. From my view, it is good and playable. I just got out of a game with 4 people and I could see all of them moving around! (not just randomly or straight forward, all were in cars) I'm sure the team will continute to optimize network code for future versions, but for version 0.3 it is good.

3. Changing zones. Cars dissappear when changing zones, and I think you know this as why you tried to block the bridge. This fixes itself if you return to Portland. However, in that 4 player game someone ONE car did not dissappear! I saw him drive around from Portland to the city and I could hit him.

4. Cannot always see other players. Usually it is only one player or no players at all move. I have disconnected and reconnected while playing the game and I'm not sure if that helped. Somehow though, up to 4 people so far were moving around normally so I guess the server syncronization really needs work.

5. Cars turn colors. After playing that game with 4 people, cars would turn a funky color blue tint for a few minutes, then return to normal. Unsure what it is caused by. *edit: I saw you already knew about this one.

Suggestions:

1. Server Configurability. Starting Health, IP block, and option to allow two people from same IP to join.

2. Cars. We need more! Placing some of those cars that are normally parked around would help.

3. Beta Testers. you need an application of some sort to get about 10 beta testers. Name/Computer specs/Past software beta tested. 13 year olds running around and saying how "cool" it is will not help you fix the problems listed here.

P.S. - If anyone else have anything to add, post and I will amend the list.

Edited by Guest

3. Beta Testers. you need an application of some sort to get about 10 beta testers. Name/Computer specs/Past software beta tested. 13 year olds running around and saying how "cool" it is will not help you fix the problems listed here.

Ah yes the infamous 13 year old :)

I am 20 so I am way past that. Anyway, I agree we need more beta testers....

The problem is not beta testing.....the team knows what is still wrong with the game but they just cant go in and fix it.....they probably don't know where to go to fix this or that....you know.....its not a matter of "fix this" and "ok give me 5 minutes."

The problem is not beta testing.....the team knows what is still wrong with the game but they just cant go in and fix it.....they probably don't know where to go to fix this or that....you know.....its not a matter of "fix this" and "ok give me 5 minutes."

I can see that, since I noted they probably know about the zone loading problems and blocked off the bridge. I don't know though, they will have to post and confirm or not whether it is right.

*edit: updated it, they know about the color car thingy too.

please add your answers to common questions to the sticky thread in the bugs/problems forum - thanks =) (why cant anyone post in the correct forum? :roll: )

as for beta testers, as long as people are posting their bugs, and are trying to re-create them etc etc there are a LOT of testers =) - yes the kiddies out there wont bother doing that, but im sure there are enough of us to find bugs and report them

I will keep working on the main.scm and fix all these 'cosmetic issues' including adding a proper skin to identify friend or foe. We just needed to release a working version after all this time, because we thought you guys have waited long enough, and the mechanics are functional. So don't expect anything real playable, just have some fun... Good Luck to you all.

Just read this so this thread really wasn't necessary. Oh well.

Suggestions

:idea: Somehow, someway, make it so other players arent able to jump in your car, mabye a way to lock the car? :roll:

:idea: Unlock police cars ^_^

:idea: Anti-Cheat Technoledgy! - I was able to turn on cheats such as cornerslikemad - giving me the "car-jump" ability, and really really fast turns.

:idea: Synchronized Car Horns and printable morse code reference

Alot of these are probably gonna be implemented anyway, but I like to

give friendly reminders :)

Edited by Guest

- Somehow, someway, make it so other players arent able to jump in your car, mabye a way to lock the car?

I worked on locking the cars, didn't have enough time =(

- Unlocked police cars ^_^

Uhh, oops... heheh, sorry about that, that wouldn't have been hard to fix, I simply forgot about the initial door status of police cars (again) They are the only cars that have that.