A small nag?

Guest hilly22

Hi,

After MTA:SA Blue comes out how long roughly (very general timeline) will it take to be developed on Vice City.

Any ideas? plz dont hyperlink me to the blog, ive read it

Hilly

From the title I thought you were talking about horses...

Anyway, as it stands Vice City isn't even on our roadmap/timeline. It could be quite some time before we go back to Vice City, and we can't make any promises. Theres so much we want to do with San Andreas and we believe many more ideas will come from the community that we just don't know when we'll have a chance to go back...

It could be a long time before anyone see`s another release for Vice City. We all know the team are concentrating on finishing of the Racemode but then the team could decide to go straight onto the Deathmatch version or they could go back and finish what they started on VC. Some people might remember that since the release of 0.5 the team did say in a few weeks another version might be release but now its 10 months into the year and nothing has happened.

I don't know if this has been answered, but what will happen after the racemod is released? Will you start working on foot sync right away and put deathmatch in the next release? Or will you continue working on the racemod until it's perfected and then move on to foot sync?

Some people might remember that since the release of 0.5 the team did say in a few weeks another version might be release but now its 10 months into the year and nothing has happened.

I think they announced that it was cancelled.

We haven't quite decided what will happen after R1, theres 3 possible routes to take:

- We fork the code base and develop whatever fixes are required for R1 and release them ASAP as R1.5 (or whatever). At the same time we develop new race features and go through a code refactoring process that really has to be done before we go any further.

- We ignore whatever issues are in R1 and fix them for R2. As R2 will not come out until after the code refactoring and the addition of various features, this makes the second release take longer than the release of R1.5 would, but would be faster than the release of R2 would be.

- We ignore race, and start developing deathmatch, after the code refactoring is completed, of course. This would make R2 a long way off, as a large ammount of beta testing would need to be done on R2 as it would be introducing a large number of facts that we may not have taken into account so far.

I'm personally most in favor of the first option and I think its the path we'd most likely go down. Ideally we'd split up the team, but we don't have enough programmers with time to make that practical.

Hope that answers your question.