debugging without access to game

TPF

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

The closest you can get is using intepreters such as http://codepad.org/ or https://www.tutorialspoint.com/execute_lua_online.php, although just because something is syntax-error free and executable LUA doesn't mean it will work as intended on MTA.

Essentially, there's no way to know if your script functions without bugs and as intended without testing the resulting script, you can't even know its behaviour only from ingame debugscript or intepreters/compilers. This should be obvious, to the extent that scripting for MTA without the ability to properly test (on the go) is almost impossible, unless you've got so much experience that you can identify potential failure by a glance over the code or 'imagine' how it would run.. I have known a few individuals with this capability, but it requires proof-reading your code intensively and a very fine knownledge about the behaviour and details of each scripting function used, aswell as envisioning the placement of elements by coordinates, etcetera.

Any scripter should know that coding without access to the game is a no-go, unless you have someone to test it consequently and supply you with feedback, or it's such a small job that not much can go wrong and you can ensure it works by a few looks over the code.

@TPF

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, TPF said:

Hey, I'm asking if there is a solution debugscripts without going to the mtasa game. i just need interface for testing scripts

You can output your local server (side) debug information to your terminal. Which is in most cases already automatic.