VC MP and MTA

Oliver

I decided to post this thread as i love both games but theres parts or each i wish i had in one.

MTA positive points:

good player select screen

vehicles can be stolen

vehicles can have passengers

commentry chat screen e.g deathcount

you cant be wounded when layed down

(e.g from shotgun blast)

easy server viewing

MTA negative points:

you can kill your own team

not many characters to choose from

many many flamers in chat box

passanger on bike casuses game to crash sometimes

VC:MP positive points:

health bar seems to update quicker after injured

large selection of characters

(unsure) cant shoot team mates

VC:MP negative points:

trying to exit a vehicle as a passenger is delayed most times

female character with spaz shotgun is annoying

cant steal vehicles

driveby kills are to fast (an uzi bullet seems to inflict twice damage as normal)

idiots try to shoot you at character selection screen

cant see how many players on server from vc:mp program

Overall it seems that Mta has the advantage but i tend to play VC:MP mostly because theres a way less tense atmosphere and people are more vulnerable to death so people dont get a huge lead above everyone else

Take both positive points from each side and you have the perfect multiplayer vice city. Im hoping Mta's release of Mta blue will change all this, im not sure if vc:mp intend to release a SA:MP but im hoping Mta is better as they seem to have put more effort in with the website and all.

please post your positive and negative points about either or both games.

good comparision mat,e but i think it may be slightly biased, after all, you kinda have to be for the audience in this forum.

vc-mp is a lot stabler and less glitchy like compared to mtavc, and it has more gamplay features. mta has more of the icing on top, like it is very easy to install it, find a server, and get going

I could think of alot more good and bad points for both, but when it comes down to it, i would rather go play MTA, maybe for just little things i'm used to (outgame client, easy connectin, server scripts etc etc, and shitloads of ingame stuff), but if the VC-MP team were to carry on i'm sure they would accomplish all of this, remember we're comparing a v0.1(which was a 'side-order' if you will) to a v0.5.

I don't think you could ever 'fairly' compare this type of game/mod, and anyone else that comes along has 2/3 years of catching up to do, to get anywhere near MTA.

I suppose my positive for MTA is just the easier access and more simple ways to do stuff. Though the current version still is very buggy and has many glitches ingame which spoils the fun of playing. VCMP does run alot smoother which is a good boost since i am able to get quicker kills, run faster etc but im more addicted to MTA since i`ve been playing the mod for a long period of time now.

MTA plus is definitely No DriveBys, another plus is that you can shoot whoever you want. MTA's biggest negative side is that the team has "balanced" the weapons. The fact I can't kill anyone who's been knocked down is bad too.

VCMP on the other hand has original weapons which is great. DriveBys are not that good but being able to shoot a person who is knocked down is great. VCMP doesn't have any nadespammers nor armor glitchers. VCMP's sync is better, no doubt about that. VCMPs bad side is the fact I have to team with people same colour as me. (Yes that is annoying as I have be teamed with a black person if I pick the Prawn character). VCMP doesn't have many players nor servers, that isn't good. VCMP server admins don't kick cheaters.

But in my opinion VCMP is still better: being able to shoot a person with my M60, that still deals good damage, or with a stubby, that still has more than a single tactic (I can jump and switch), is better than fighting an armorglitched firespammer in MTA.

Uhm...reasons why i play mta,not vcmp is that mta is more stable than vcmp,and in vcmp,all the shotguns r buggy,and there's lots of bugs which doesnt show in mta.....but vcmp is better in long-range fighting,and its great that .ini gives u the rights to make ur own mp,but in my opinion,mta is better <3

I'm not especially clued up on MTA's bugs as I've never spent that long playing it, but I'll point out some faults in what you've said about VC:MP.

VC:MP positive points:

health bar seems to update quicker after injured

large selection of characters

(unsure) cant shoot team mates - FriendlyFire can be disabled/enabled based on the INI file.

[You missed off the fact it's open source]

VC:MP negative points:

trying to exit a vehicle as a passenger is delayed most times - True

female character with spaz shotgun is annoying - Can be changed with the INI file

cant steal vehicles - True

driveby kills are to fast (an uzi bullet seems to inflict twice damage as normal) - We haven't edited any of the weapons, so what you see is how the game really handles things. Personally I believe that's the way it should be.

idiots try to shoot you at character selection screen - Char Select screen can be moved based on the INI.

cant see how many players on server from vc:mp program - It's open source, and there's the RCON tools which could report player count.

I really don't think you can comapre the two, they're both different. MTA themselves will admit that MTA 0.5 is a poor system, VC:MP is closer to the techniques used in "MTA Blue" in that it actually works with the game, it doesn't just change things.

Uhm...reasons why i play mta,not vcmp is that mta is more stable than vcmp,and in vcmp,all the shotguns r buggy,and there's lots of bugs which doesnt show in mta.....but vcmp is better in long-range fighting,and its great that .ini gives u the rights to make ur own mp,but in my opinion,mta is better <3

1. MTA isn't more stable than VC-MP, I see you've clearly haven't played the new version (0.1d).

2. What do you mean with "all the shotguns r buggy"?

3. What bugs doesn't "show" in MTA?

4. You don't make your own MP-Mod with the server configuration file.

1. MTA isn't more stable than VC-MP, I see you've clearly haven't played the new version (0.1d).

2. What do you mean with "all the shotguns r buggy"?

3. What bugs doesn't "show" in MTA?

4. You don't make your own MP-Mod with the server configuration file.

Depends what you mean by stability, if you're refering to connection/sync then sure, VC-MP is definitly more stable..

But if you mean the mods game functions, then definitly not, i crash once or twice an hour with MTA, and it would be around 5-10 times with VC-MP.

Like i said before you really can't compare them all that well.

Oh, and the server config thing really isn't that hard, few file-reads, packets sent here and there, and bam!

8)