Customizing guns

I always tought it would be a cool idea of you could customize guns. you could add special things onto it, like a thermal scope, a grenade launcher, or customize the paintjob. heres some of the custom gun ideas i had:

Desert Eagle:

Laser scope

Bigger clip size

Different types of bullets

Different types of paint jobs(arch angle type paintjobs, not solid colors)

Sniper Rifle:

Thermal scope

Night Vision scope

Increased sight range

Silencer

Faster reload time

Stronger bullets

Explosive bullets (not full rpg, but to a lesser extent, like an extremely light rpg)

Different paint jobs

M4:

Rpg attachment

Short to medium range scope

Bigger clip

Laser sight

Differant paint jobs

those are just SOME of my ideas. You dont have to use those specificly, they were just used as an example. You could put a little work bench in the ammunation, a back room, or even an entirely different store. but the catch to customizing your gun is that you can only have a few of the possible costomizations, making each weapon as unieqe as the person weilding it. also when you die you keep the gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Paint jobs would be rather pointless. On screen the weapons are pretty small.

If anything I'd like the team to add some new weapons to the game.

As for customizing ammo type, caliber, magazine capacity, barbie dream house setup, etc.

I don't think it's all that important other than tweaking for more balanced gameplay. Which I don't even think would be necessary.

• 1 month later...

paintjobs are a real time wasting...

its not so intresting as the real use of the guns...

and by the way i have some new ideas about it:

granade -

cluster bomb (even if it will explode hight in the air it will shoot alot of bullets to everywhere...)

super shotgun-

the area that will be hited by it will be muth bigger and it will have 8 bullets.

but the reaload time of it will be some longer.

explocive cars-

just like in one of the missions in gta 3 near marcos bistro,

set a bomb on a car and if someone will get in it he will blow up when he will close the door.

jail cars-

as soon as a passenger gets in a car he cant get out till the driver will allow that or untill he gets out.

if they will crash the passenger and the driver will loose some healh.

if they crash in a way that one door is been opened the passenger may jump out.

if the car havent doors from the beginning this wnt work.

if the car hasnt roof it cant work too i guess...

• 2 weeks later...
I always tought it would be a cool idea of you could customize guns. you could add special things onto it, like a thermal scope, a grenade launcher, or customize the paintjob. heres some of the custom gun ideas i had:

Desert Eagle:

Laser scope

Bigger clip size

Different types of bullets

Different types of paint jobs(arch angle type paintjobs, not solid colors)

Sniper Rifle:

Thermal scope

Night Vision scope

Increased sight range

Silencer

Faster reload time

Stronger bullets

Explosive bullets (not full rpg, but to a lesser extent, like an extremely light rpg)

Different paint jobs

M4:

Rpg attachment

Short to medium range scope

Bigger clip

Laser sight

Differant paint jobs

those are just SOME of my ideas. You dont have to use those specificly, they were just used as an example. You could put a little work bench in the ammunation, a back room, or even an entirely different store. but the catch to customizing your gun is that you can only have a few of the possible costomizations, making each weapon as unieqe as the person weilding it. also when you die you keep the gun.

It looks pointless for me to implent that in a release. But Oli once said that the team will make plenty of mods if the SDK has been released, and if it's released, you could ofcourse suggest it yourself.. Doesn't look like a feature to me that's necessarily to implent for a real release, it would increase time before we can play, and we dont want do we? :P:wink: